Yumerium Basic Review
|Start ICO||26 Sep 2018|
|End ICO||10 Oct 2018|
Ticker symbol: YUM
Project type: Game, Platform and VR
Extended company description: Yumerium is a play-to-earn gaming platform powered by blockchain. It boasts three core features: Cryptoprizes, limited edition copies and a referral system. For cryptoprizes, imagine the tickets one wins upon achieving a high score at a local arcade; one can then use those tickets to obtain an item from the prize shop. A cryptoprize follows the same principle; however, as Yumerium is decentralized you can use it anywhere, in an arcade or online for either physical or digital goods. Limited edition copies bring the collectability of old school cartridges to the digital realm. By authenticating copies with the blockchain, we can ensure certain versions of games have a limited release. These copies have extra features and in-game items, and can be resold on the second-hand market.
Company: Yumerium Inc.
Public pre-sale ICO start date: 24.05.2018
Public main sale ICO start date: 11.07.2018
Public ICO end date: 24.07.2018
Token sale duration (weeks): about 9 weeks
Token type: ERC-20
Total emission: 818,274,853
Tokens available for sale (Pre-sale + public ICO): 316,906,850
- Game Development and Strategic Partners: 45%
- Marketing Community Fund: 20%
- Platform Development: 10%
- Open-Source SDK Development: 10%
- Native Token Development: 6%
- Website and Community Operation Costs: 5%
- Legal and Other Fees: 4%
Price: 1 YUM = 0.1 USD
Accepted payment: ETH, BTC
Bounty program: active until the end of the ICO
Token role: Functional
Team (number of people): 12
Advisors and partners (number of people): 8
Yumerium is a gaming platform that enables developers to attract gamers, and gamers to earn tokens and play games.
Yumerium provides the following services to developers:
- Game development through the gaming community and financial support from Yumerium.
- The ability to attract gamers from other games to the platform.
- An opportunity for mining.
- In-game transactions carried out in YUM tokens and cryptocurrency.
- Mitch Liu - CEO and co-founder of Sliver.tv, previously co-founder and president of Midverse Studios.
- Andy Le Tong - President of the IVP Investment Group, TFRE Holdings, member of advisory board at Senhoa, president and co-founder of Boss Level Labs, LLC;
- Noriyuki Hirosue - CEO and founder of Bitbank, Inc., previously CEO and Founder of Somuca, Inc., Managing Director at GMO Internet, Inc.
- Suyong Park - Managing Partner at Block Crafters Capital Pte. Ltd., previously director of Cognitive Investment Inc., Co-CEO at Dayli Intelligence Inc., chief operating officer at Dayli Marketplace Inc.;
- Koji Sakamoto - Vice president of business development at SoftBank Telecom America Corp, business specialist at YJ America Inc, member of the board of directors at TBM Co. Ltd. (LIMEX), previously CEO of YJ America Inc.
- Sungwoo Lee - Chief Operating Officer of PayLetter Inc., previously marketing manager of Nowcom Co., Ltd.
- Kohei Ogawa - CEO of VALU, founder of AccumBit, Inc., software engineer and co-founder at 予 防 医療 普及 委員会.
- Matthew Lee - CEO of Unblock, token economy architect at AD4th, previously managing partner and co-founder of Cognitive Investment.
Formerly known as Bitrucks, Exa Labs is a subsidiary of Exa Global, a Korean investment company. They are a cryptocurrency and blockchain company working on the development of the Hurbit cryptocurrency exchange. In February 2018, Subdream Studios traded partial ownership with Exa Labs to form a partnership and develop the blockchain side of Yumerium.
Subdream Labs is jointly run by key members of Subdream Studios, a quality gaming studio that owns VR Plus, the first and biggest offline VR arcade in Korea. The studio has raised $2.4 million from marquee global investors: DeNA, HTC, Genesia Ventures, Cognitive Investment, Macro Ventures, and Bridge Link Capital.
VR Plus is the first and biggest VR arcade franchise in Korea with over 30 locations. VR Plus opened its doors in August 2016 in Gangnam, Korea with the intention of bringing VR arcades to the Asian market. They have been highly successful and continue to be successful after they were purchased by Subdream Studios.
3rDoor Studio is a game developer located in Korea. The studio has developed Hell Dimension VR, an arcade-style-horror FPS game, released in Steam in October 2017.
Ranker PC runs a PC cafe franchise along with a food service. They have 20+ locations all over the cities in Korea and are specialized in consulting new locations, interiors, and operations.
Crowd PC directly or indirectly operates PC cafes in Korea by providing PC and VR games. In addition to running PC cafes of their own, they also co-operate on PC cafes with new owners interested in opening small businesses.
AmaZix is a community management company that specializes in the blockchain and all things cryptocurrency. The company primarily offers professional initial coin offering (ICO) consultancy services.
Influence Logic is on a mission to help customers make a great deal of money and make a massive, positive impact on the world. In turn, they are selective about who they work with and businesses that place a high priority on both social and economic impact are their focus.
Renowned & Co is a blockchain and crypto-project marketing consultancy specialising in ICOs and token sales. They help blockchain projects raise millions of dollars in less than 30 days by amplifying positive conversations with paid advertising on a curated list of high ROI websites and publishers.
ThronePR is a public relations, media, and marketing firm focused on blockchain startups. They have helped other startups get funding, including IP.SX, SyncFab, GoBambino Aitheon and others.
The studio has raised $2.4 million from marquee global investors: DeNA, HTC, Genesia Ventures, Cognitive Investment, Macro Ventures, and Bridge Link Capital.
- DeNa - a company engaged in the development and management of mobile and online services.
- HTC - HTC VR accelerator.
- GenesiaVentures - a venture fund supporting startups from Asia in their initial stages.
- Cognitive Investment - a venture fund.
- Marco Ventures - a media brand that finances media, technology and brands.
- Bridge Link Capital - Focused on launching blockchain technologies.
The project is based on a gaming platform that enables game developers to post games, receive funding and attract gamers.
Strengths of the project:
- The market is developing dynamically.
- Experienced team and advisors.
- Starting investments have been made.
Weaknesses of the project:
- According to statistics, the games integrated on the platform are not yet popular enough;
- No marketing campaign to attract gamers to the platform is presented as yet.
Market and industry
Technavio predicts that the global gaming market will grow by more than 11% annually (CAGR) between 2016 and 2020. According to Newzoo, this market will be $115.8 billion in 2018 and the current number of players is about 2 billion.
According to the team's research, the game market is worth $109 billion (2017). It is expected that its volume will be $128 billion with annual growth rate of 6% by 2020.
Comments: The market demonstrates high growth rates, so the project has a chance to occupy a niche.
- 777.Bingo - a gaming entertainment platform built on blockchain, which allows developers to download games on the platform and conduct advertising campaigns.
- BitGuild - a decentralized gaming platform built on blockchain.
- Chimaera - a platform for placing and creating games on blockchain.
- Xenio - a platform for creating games on blockchain with the ability to exchange, buy and sell game items in a marketplace.
- Game Chain System - a platform for placing games which also enables buying and selling game items.
- Enjin - a platform for building websites, guilds, eSports clans, and a social network for gamers.
Summary: The project’s key difference from its competitors is its facility for launching crowdfunding campaigns.
Platform Technical Parameters
The platform will be built on the basis of blockchain and smart contracts.
Yumerium includes the following components:
- A seeding fund
- A gaming community
- A crowdfunding platform
- A decentralized payment gateway
The platform’s components will function as follows:
- Seeding Fund. Each game added to Yumerium will be placed in the "Seeding Fund". At this stage, the game will attract gamers using YUM tokens to conduct a bounty program, airdrops and referral programs. Gamers can earn YUM tokens when playing games. Tokens enable players to buy games, game items, etc.
- Gaming community. In the community, players can share their experiences and recommend games to each other, receiving rewards in the form of tokens. Game developers can remunerate gamers for watching commercials, exchanging links to social media, reviewing games, etc. The promotion will be allocated from the "Marketing Fund".
- Crowdfunding platform. Yumerium enables game developers to launch their own crowdfunding campaigns on the platform. Successfully funded games will have access to a "Marketing Fund" that can be used to launch their marketing.
- Decentralized payment gateway. A payment gateway enables transactions between developers and gamers. Payment can be made in YUM tokens. In the future, a facility for paying for games using BTC and ETH will be added.
Comments: The project uses known technologies that have already proven themselves in the market.
With the development of the appropriate technology and collection of sufficient data it is planned to implement the following:
- 07-2018: The first game utilising the Yumerium token.
- Q3-2018: Release of all Subdream Studios’ games with YUM / Native Yumerium token release.
- Q4-2018: Release of Yumerium game, CryptoMine / Launch selected third party games
- Q1-2019: Broad adoption within 3rd party games.
Comments: The project has presented a strategy for integrating games into the platform, but the introduction of technical features is not disclosed. Currently, it is not possible to see the smart contract or platform code.
We have analyzed the Yumerium website and documentation for sufficiency and consistency to assist in making an investment decision.
Information about the project is contained in the White Paper and Elevatorpitch. Documents are available in English, Japanese and Korean; the White Paper is also available in Chinese. The project is described in sufficient detail in the White Paper; the main emphasis is on a description of the platform, but there is no description of the technical component of the project.
The website also provides information about the project, the team, partners and advisors, and is presented in English.
Summary: The documentation enables a comprehensive view of the project. The team can be contacted via Telegram.
Tokens for sale: 316,906,850 YUM
Public ICO start date: May 24, 2018
- Pre-sale: May 24 2018 - 10 July 10 2018
- Main sale: July 11 2018 – July 24 2018
Token type: ERC-20
Accepted currencies: ETH, BTC
Price:1 YUM = 0.1 USD
Crowdsale duration: About 9 weeks until July 24, 2018
YUM (Yumerium token) is a game token that can be obtained by playing, sharing and browsing games and can be spent in any game that supports Yumerium. Game developers can use YUM to attract and interact with users using marketing tools such as referral bonuses or airdrop / bounty campaigns.
- Personal contribution minimum: 0.1 ETH
- Personal contribution maximum: 7000 ETH
Token holder benefits: Tokens are functional, enabling users either to sell them or use them for accessing platform services.
Additional token emission: N/A
The token sale will take place in several stages, with the following bonuses:
Hard cap: US$20,000,000
Soft cap: US$3,000,000
Comments: Tokens will be issued during the sale. The start of the public pre-sale is on May 24, 2018. ICO details such as the number of tokens issued, methods of issuing and storing tokens and funds raised, etc. are insufficiently disclosed in the project documentation.
2% (12,676,274 YUM) of all tokens are allocated to the bounty program. The program operates in the following areas:
Summary: The project has an extensive bounty program; all details are available at the link shown above.
Token and Funds Allocation
Tokens and capital are distributed according to the following scheme:
Summary: Tokens do not affect the distribution of shares in the company. The incentive system is built in such way that it is more advantageous to buy tokens in advance.
Project Development Plans
Summary: The project’s strategy is based on involvement of game developers on the platform.
Chief Executive Officer
CEO of Subdream Studios, a gaming studio focusing on creating games on innovative platforms. He is also serving as CSO for Exa Labs, a cryptocurrency exchange and is also on the board of directors of VR Plus. Previously, CEO of COLOPL NI, Inc., Executive Producer at Kabam, Co-founder and CEO of Gala-Net, Inc. At Gala-Net, he operated multiple online games with the gaming portal gPotato.
Chief Gaming Officer
CTO of Subdream Studios, Francisco is known for the ‘Galaga Fever’ release. Previously a game specialist and software engineer at Virtual World Arcade, software architect at Phillips 66 and assistant at The Home Depot.
Chief Security Officer
CEO of Hurbit, an online cryptocurrency exchange, and creator of Burn coin. Previously CEO of Super Bee and Zen Software.
Summary: Not all team members indicated their affiliation with the project on LinkedIn. Some of the team are from South Korea; the following specialists are also present: A software engineer, a programmer, head of product management, project manager, creative director, sound designer, director of PR, a social media specialist and a customer relations specialist.
Information about the project is available via popular services such as Twitter, Telegram and Facebook. The project has a bounty program.
The team is conducting an advertising campaign on social media; Twitter and Facebook feature news updates. The format of articles published about the project shows that they are written primarily by the team as reviews.
Comments: The project is reaching an audience. The marketing campaign is being developed mainly on Twitter and Facebook.
Traffic analysis of the Yumerium website based on data from Similarweb.com showed the following:
Comments: direct: 75.42%, referrals: 1.04%, search: 7.04%, social: 15.44%, mail: 1.06%
Traffic via search: 7.04%, 100% of which is "organic" traffic
Social activity analysis of the Yumerium website based on data from BE1.ru showed the following:
Comments: Top 5 countries for site visitors: Vietnam - 18.87%, Ukraine - 12.12%, the USA - 11.66%, Suriname - 10.83%, Russia - 7.32%.
Referrals: icobench.com - 40.30%; etxt.biz - 30.60%; duxton.ru - 9.70%; medium.com - 9.70%; bountylord.com - 9.70%
Social activity: Twitter - 68.18%, Facebook - 26.24%, YouTube - 5.58%
Summary: Based on available data, the level of interest in the project is growing. The team is conducting an advertising campaign via Twitter and Facebook, is communicating with users via Telegram, etc. There are published articles on the project
Over the past month, the number of website visits has increased by 23,000.
The platform will integrate games from Subdream. However website visitor numbers for this gaming studio are low (around 2000), which suggests that their games are not particularly popular.
The developers may be contacted using the links below: