TTC Protocol Basic Review
|Start ICO||18 Apr 2018|
|End ICO||18 May 2018|
Name: TTC PROTOCOL
Ticker symbol: TTC
Project type: Marketing
Extended company description: TTC Protocol is a protocol for building decentralized Social Network Service applications (DAPP) on blockchain.
Company: TTC Foundation PTE Ltd.(SG)
Public ICO start date: 18.04.2018
Public ICO end date: 18.05.2018
Token sale duration (weeks): 4
Token type: ERC20
Token emission: 1,000,000,000
Tokens available on sale (Pre-Sale + Public ICO): 125,000,000
Investment goal: Development & governance of TTC Ecosystem
- Pre ICO: 1TTC = 0.0002 ETH
- Main ICO: 1TTC = 0.00025 ETH
Accepted currency: ETH
Bounty: active until April 3, 2018
Airdrop: active until May 4, 2018
Token role: functional
Team (number of people): 55
Advisors (number of people): 6 Advisors
The TTC Protocol is a decentralized and token-incentivized social networking protocol for the next generation of social platforms. This protocol uses cryptocurrency token incentives to create a more rewarding, dynamic social network. All DAPPs will be merged into a single network, where TTC tokens will become the main means of transaction.
The project has a confirmed DAPP, tataUFO, which is a social network based in China. On this network users can earn tokens for viewing adverts, for loyalty and for creating content for companies.
The advertising platform tataUFO, built on the basis of the protocol, will offer the following services:
- Creating content for companies by users
- Conducting surveys of consumers
- Reporting from third-party chat bots
- Giving discounts and sending gifts, etc.
- Simon Seojoon Kim : CEO and Partner at Hashed / Venture Partner at SoftBank Ventures
- Yuan Zhang: CEO assistant and Blockchain PM of Bitmain Technology
- Jian Cai: Professor at Guanghua School of Management, Peking university
- Kevin Wang: Managing Partner at Ameba Capital Ex-CFO at Kingsoft
- Ryan Kim: CAO and Partner at Hashed
- Hongwei Cao: Raventech CTO at Baidu
Partners supporting tataUFO:
- Ameba Capital Group
- SoftBank Ventures
- Union Investment Partners
- Lightspeed China Partners
- Korea Investment Partners
- Others not currently disclosable
TTC’s project is a blockchain-based decentralized protocol for token-incentivized social network platforms. The project already has its first DAPP, the fast-growing service known as tataUFO. TTC is backed by strong, reputable investors and accelerators.
Strengths of the project:
- The project is entering a dynamically developing market
- The product is in demand in the market
- An experienced team with a proven track record in the SNS industry.
Weaknesses of the project:
- Information on strategic partnerships is not disclosed
Market and Industry
According to Markets and Markets, blockchain market size will grow from $241.9 million in 2016 to $7683.7 million by 2022 with a CAGR of 79,6%. [https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/blockchain-technology-market-90100890.html]
Comments: The market demonstrates high growth rates which suggests the project has a chance of occupying a niche.
The team has highlighted direct competitors as follows:
- Steem - Steemit is a blogging and social networking website that uses its Steem blockchain-based rewards system for those publishing articles. One of the most popular end-user services in the blockchain world. Despite this it has gained less than 1m users 20 months after launch.
- Mithril - a decentralized social media platform that rewards all its content creators. Mithril launched their first service few weeks ago and have less than 10k downloads through Google Play.
- Sphere - a decentralized social network. Complicated UI/UX. Not able to gather users.
In our research, we have identified the following competitors:
- DAPP Builder - a protocol that enables users to create a DAPP based on Ethereum.
- Origin protocol - a protocol for the creation of trading platforms for joint consumption using Ethereum and IPFS.
- Gems - a protocol for DAPP creation.
Summary: The project considers social media as its competitors. A key advantage for TTC is that it is able to partner with existing networks. However we consider it necessary to compare with projects similar in functionality (DAPP on blockchain) to adequately judge the level of competition.
Engineering Features of the Platform
TTC Protocol is built on the basis of Ethereum. The protocol will enable the creation of decentralized applications (DAPP), which will be a single ecosystem in the future.
TTC protocol will initially implement a balanced on- and off-chain transaction service. This is to improve efficiency of the system and provide a smooth and consistent experience for its users.
TTC will be initially built on the public Ethereum network. Later, the protocol will evolve into a fully on-chain service, by working with another public blockchain or by building a proprietary mainnet system.
The architecture of the system includes:
- Blockchain Tools. Includes a database, network, block format, matching algorithm, etc.
- TTC Core. A layer for unified authorization, TTC tokens, remuneration system and wallet, etc.
- TTC Protocol Open Platform. API with unified content, user and information management (including SSO solution), anti-spam solution and audit.
- Applications built using the DAPP protocol.
Currently, the TTC ecosystem will operate in the following manner (decentralized advertising platform alone):
1) A seller of goods or services acquires TTC tokens on an exchange
2) Tokens enable the seller to place advertising on the tataUFO platform or leave a request for content creation
3) Users view the seller's ads; distribute them to the network, share, etc.
4) Users receive a reward for their activity in TTC tokens.
Users also receive a reward for:
- Creation of content for companies
- Ad views
Comments: The project uses existing technologies that have proven themselves in the market.
In the future, with the development of technology and the amount of data it is planned to implement:
- Implementation of the smart contract
- Deployment of the beta version of TTC Public Chain
- Pre ICO (Sold Out)
- Deployment of the stable version of TTC Public Chain
- Main ICO
- Deployment of the reward engine
- Launch of the beta application for iOS & Android
- Launch of tataUFO on the TTC open platform
- Roll out full on chain solution
Comments: The team has presented a step-by-step strategy for project development. However, the development of the platform and protocol will take a long time, which could impact on investors’ desire to invest. Currently, the smart contract and code are not available in the public domain.
We have analyzed the TTC Protocol documentation and website for sufficiency and consistency for making an investment decision.
The website also provides information about the project, the ICO, the roadmap and the team. The website is viewable in English, Korean and Chinese.
Summary: The documentation enables a comprehensive view of the project, which is described in sufficient detail.
Tokens issued for sale: 25% of total hard cap.
Public ICO start date: April 18, 2018
Token type: ERC20
Accepted currency: ETH
Price: 1 TTC = 0.00025 ETH (1 ETH = 4000 TTC)
Crowdsale duration: 1 month, until May 18, 2018
TTC tokens will be available as a means of payment in the TTC ecosystem.
The TTC token can be used for the following services:
Token limitation: 1,000,000,000
Advantages for token holders: TTC tokens are functional; users may either sell them or use them for accessing/purchasing platform services. For advertisers, TTC tokens can be used to post ADs on DAPPs.
Additional token emission: none
The sale is implemented in several stages:
ICO Soft cap: none
ICO Hard cap: 25,000 ETH (Pre + Main ICO)
Bonus: 25% bonus for Pre-ICO participants
Comments: Tokens are planned to be listed on exchanges.
Link to the bounty program: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3074329
The project has allocated 625,000 TTC tokens to the bounty. The program is open in the following areas:
- Twitter: 20%
- Facebook: 20%
- Telegram: 10%
- Campaign of signatures: 20%
- Content campaign: 15%
- Translation campaign: 15%
Summary: The bounty program ended on April 3rd, however the project has an active airdrop until May 4, 2018.
Token and Capital Distribution
Tokens and funds are distributed according to the following scheme:
Summary: Tokens do not affect the distribution of shares in the company.
Project Development Plans
Roadmap for the project:
Summary: The roadmap is dedicated to the technical aspect of the project. Plans for recruiting users to the platform are not presented. According to the team, their scaling strategy is as follows: TTC Protocol plans to include DAPPs in the ecosystem by investing in their equity using TTC tokens (20% of the total hardcap is allocated to the Ecosystem Building Fund).
The team consists of 55 people. Information about its main members, based on LinkedIn, is presented below:
- Brian Cheong (LinkedIn) - President and founder. CEO and founder of tataUFO. Previously, analyst at Softbank Ventures, intern at Korea Asset Management Corporation, IT consultant at Korea International Cooperation Agency.
- Chase Chang (LinkedIn) - Vice-president and expert on the project ecosystem. Previously: Chief Operating Officer at Retrica, Vice President for Business Development at LINE Pay, Analyst at Softbank Ventures Korea, Consultant at KOICA.
- Yixiao Wang (LinkedIn) - Product director. Previously, Vice President of Beijing Huying Network Technology Co., Ltd., Product Director at appbyme.com, Senior Product Manager at 百度.
The team has 52 more people.
Summary: Only two members of the team have indicated their affiliation with the project. The team is mainly from China and Korea, and includes technical specialists, product specialists and a designer.
Information about the project is available via various popular services such as Twitter, Telegram, Medium, LinkedIn, Facebook and BitcoinTalk. The project has a bounty program.
The team is conducting an advertising campaign on social media. Twitter and Facebook feature regular news updates.
Comments: Interest in the project is still at a low level. The marketing campaign is being developed mainly via Twitter and Facebook.
Summary: Based on available data, user interest in the project is still at a low level. The team is conducting an advertising campaign via Twitter and Facebook, communicates with its users on Telegram and maintains a blog on Medium.
The project website has recently been created, therefore we present no metrics in this review.
The developers can be contacted using the links below: