Ticker symbol: TRS
Project type: Fintech (Gaming & Education)
Extended company description: The blockchain-based platform for financial skills tournaments.
Company: Traderstars Ltd.
Public ICO launch: 21.11.2017
Public ICO end date: 21.12.2017
Crowdsale duration (weeks): 4,3
Token type: ERC-20
Token supply: 350 000 000
Tokens available for purchase (Pre-Sale + Public ICO): 210 000 000
The purpose of attracting investments: Development and the launch of the platform.
1 TRS price: 0.0003 ETH
Accepted payments: ETH
Bounty: Not announced
Token role: Functional
Team (number of people) : 11
Advisors and partners (number of people) : 5
Twitter: Subscribers: 1995
Linkedin: Subscribers: 12
Facebook: Subscribers: 2617
TraderStars.io is a blockchain-based platform for financial skills tournaments.
An independent, decentralized platform that allows users to trade all available financial instruments upon clear terms, without regulation by large financial institutions and projected profits. Instead of trading real funds in the market, traders compete with each other in tournaments using virtual money and real market data, and the winners receive rewards from the pool.
TraderStars will provide the following services:
- Participation in tournaments between users of the platform;
- International championships;
- Provision of large data;
- Advertising on TraderStarsTV;
- Ratings and reputation.
- Isolas (http://www.gibraltarlawyers.com/) — legal partner.
- Orderbook (https://www.orderbook.io/#/) — token-exchange partner.
- Ambisafe (https://www.ambisafe.co/)-a partner in the production of assets on Ethereum.
- Fiduciarygroup (http://www.fiduciarygroup.com/)-partner in financial decision- making.
- Csbgroup (https://www.csbgroup.com/) is a business transfer partner for Malta.
- Sygnisoft (http://sygnisoft.com/) is a technical partner in the development of financial applications.
- Simplefx (https://simplefx.com/dashboard/)-partner-exchange for the purchase and sale of currencies.
- Shadowbet (https://www.shadowbet.com/)-casino partner.
- Ifmtrade (https://ifmtrade.com/) is a trading partner in Forex, gold, etc. Assets.
- James Goozee (https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-goozee-54b32092/)-trade specialist in Velocity Trade (5 years), sales and trade specialist in FOREX and options specialist in FIXI plc (2 years), FX Trader in City Index (4 years);
- Henrik Svensson (https://www.linkedin.com/in/henrik-svensson-27ab153/)-CEO in the Add Advice AB (3 years), COO in Ellmount (about half a year), director of international markets, BEG senior consultant in Betclic Everest Group (approx. 2 years);
- Jan Mehlhose (https:// www.linkedin.com/in/janmehlhose/)-Founder & CEO in Rocmedia Berlin International Ltd. (4 years), managing Director in Aspiro/Schibsted Media Group (1 year), head of marketing department in EMI Music (3.5 years);
- Lukasz Paszkiewicz (https://www.linkedin.com/in/luktom/) founder in Cryptocurrency World Expo (3 months), an ICO counsellor in 60plus (7 months), a regional director at CFH Cleara Limited (3 years);
- Alexander Stanovoy (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ Alexander-Stanovoy-b58a6027/) is the managing director at FX-M Prime (7 months), the Regional Director in CFH Cleara Limited (about 3 years), member of the Economic Observatory, member of the board of Directors in Alpari (RU) (4.5 years).
Investments attracted: N/A
The project has experienced professionals behind it.
Strengths of the project:
- The project has a strong team of specialists, advisors and partners;
- The project promises to obtain a license from the MGA (Malta Gaming Authority) that will allow gaming (gambling) activities to be conducted on the Internet (however, at the time of the study, we have not found TraderStars Ltd. in the lists of licensed companies);
- The project presented a short financial plan and a market entry plan;
- The project market is broad enough and has a high potential for growth.
Weaknesses of the project:
- Unfortunately, there are no individual blockchain specialists are on the project team;
- Also, the project team has not yet published the contents of its smart contract in the Open repository (the team promises to make the open repository in a month);
- With a sufficiently broad market coverage, we believe that there is a risk of not coping with this volume of selected market niches. We believe that the team should focus on a specific segment, which improves the perception of the project by users and crowdfounders.
Market and industry
The Newzoo games report shows that the market volume in 2016 was US$ 99.6 billion. The number of players in the market is approximately 2 billion persons.
The world market for financial and monetary trade includes about 77,296 million traders (Quora). As far as the American currency market is concerned, it grew by 3 9- 4.3% to 96.112 active accounts sold during the 1st quarter in 2015 (according to Financial Magnates).
Also, in four years, the increase in poker players will be 31.1% per annum (Statista).
According to the WP:
- The target segment is traders and gamers.
- 4 million —estimated number of FX traders;
- 17 200 000 brokerage account accounts in the United States;
- 95.8 million-number of persons owning mutual investment funds in the United States;
According to various analyses, the team expects that there will be about 400 million people who may be interested in joining the TraderStars.io.
Comment: Based on the market analysis, there is a fairly broad potential segment, but it is not clear which market the team will focus on (the company did not answer this question).
In the course of the review, we identified the following competitors:
- Stockus (http://stockus.io/) is a platform for trading in markets as well as for participating in tournaments.
- Mobilego (https://mobilego.io/ru/) is a platform specializing in online gaming, including the organization of tournaments.
Resume: The key feature of the TraderStars platform is the pooling of players and traders.
Engineering features of the platform
The platform is built on the Blockchain technology, using smart contracts.
Technology description: Traders compete among themselves, participating in tournaments using virtual money. The winners receive a reward.
Comment: To reduce the risk of entering the market, the project team is preparing to obtain the MGA (Malta Gaming authority) license.
Technological Roadmap: In the future, with the development of the technology and the amount of data it is planned to implement the following:
- 1 Quarter of 2018 - release of the private alpha version for the TRS owners, alpha tournaments for the community;
- 2nd quarter of 2018 - launch of a private beta version (MVP with tournaments);
- June 2018 — release of the public version;
- July 2018 — launch of the platform;
- September 2018 — adding the training function;
- November 2018 — adding the international tournaments;
- 1 Quarter of 2019 — adding of TraderStars TV and Ambassador's Club.
Comment: The Roadmap presents a step-by-step development of the product. The plans are ambitious enough, but the team has a large number of technical specialists, which generally suggests that everything will be done on time.
In terms of simplifying the process of creating smart contracts for users, an obvious plus is the creation of contract templates and notifications.
Open Repository: Unfortunately, the project team has not yet submitted information about their smart contract. However, the project representative said that the team is ready to create an open repository in a month.
We have analyzed the TradeStars site and documentation for sufficiency and consistency to make an investment decision.
The documentation contains: White Paper, 2-Paper. The documents are available in English. The submitted documents describe the TraderStars in sufficient detail, but the development and market entry strategy have not been disclosed.
The website provides the following information: about the project, staging of the public ICO, partners and team. The site is available in English.
Resume: The documentation provides insight into the project.
Public ICO launch: November 21, 2017
Tokens to be released, % : 60%
Token type: ERC-20
Accepted as payment: ETH
1 TRS cost: Token price = 0.0003 ETH
1 ETH = 3333.3333 TRS
Crowdsale period: 4 weeks, until December 21, 2017
TRS — the internal currency of the platform can be used as a means of internal
payment or to access the services of the TraderStars platform.
Token issue limit: 350 000 000
Maximum planning amount of profit: 21 000 000 USD
Minimum planning amount of profit: 1 000 000 USD
Tokens are sold in several stages:
Bounty Program: To our question about the Bounty program, the representative of the project replied that it will be announced in the near future. However, they did not specify a particular date.
Tokens and capital distribution
Tokens and capital are distributed according to the following scheme:
Resume: Tokens do not affect the distribution of shares in the company. The reward system is set up so that it's more beneficial to buy tokens earlier.
Advertising will be done on social media, PR channels and other online marketing channels will be used.
The launch of the affiliate programs.
Creation of an Ambassador's Club for the most influential and valuable players. Conducting international championships and creation of the TraderStarsTV online video channel.
Resume: The WP provides a set of marketing tools through which TraderStars plans to attract users. However, it is not clear in the markets of which countries the project plans to operate.
The team consists of 11 people, as well as 5 advisors. Information on the principal participants of the team (LinkedIn):
Tomasz Szymański - CEO. Board advisor в ShadowBet, Sygnisoft S.A. Experienced businessman, owner of several projects: Panorzeszek.pl, tylkomotory.pl. Managing director at NetGen.pl — www.netgen.pl.Previously, the HFT broker Maklerski SA Marketing Director, Noble Securities S.A..
Witold Gedymin — COO. Director of marketing at Lazarski University. Formerly Director of Development in B/S/H Zelmer, owner of Condenssa. He has a long experience of branding (Duracell, Braun).
Lukasz Tomaszkiewicz - CTO. The cloud service administrator at Celco sp z O. O, CEO in V Technology sp. z o.o., owner of Łukasz Tomaszkiewicz Solutions. An experienced professional and IT manager.
Oskar Pecyna -CFO. CEO in IFM Trade. Formerly CEO in European financial institutions: HFT Brokers and RTFX. CFO in Electronic Money and Payment Systems, Malta. Works in the financial sector for more than 10 years, from the bank account manager, the analyst, the auditor to the CFO.
There are 7 other people in the team.
Comment: From the primary team only the CEO indicates his affiliation with the project.
Resume: Only 3 people identify their affiliation with the project on LinkedIn. The team is mainly from Poland. The team also has the following experts: Project managers, marketing manager, art director, IT professionals specializing in various fields except for blockchain.
Most team members are involved in other projects and do not indicate their affiliation with the Traderstars.io.
Project information is available on Twitter and Facebook. The team answers questions irregularly. There is no Bounty program yet.
The project is active on social media. News is regularly updated on Twitter. The format of the articles on the project indicates that they are mostly ordered by the project.
Comment: The interest in the project is not yet sufficiently high. The main marketing campaign is deployed on Twitter.
Analysis of the site traffic based on the Similarweb.com data showed:
Traffic sources (Similarweb.com)
Comment: 94.47% of traffic comes from the direct link, 5.53% is clickthrough traffic.
Referral links: 5,53%
Comment: There are no data on Similarweb. In case of Alexa.com, the site's traffic is 1 890 persons per month, the number of views is 7 560.
Resume: On the basis of the available project data, it is possible to conclude that the interest in the project is still at a fairly low level. TraderStars is leading an advertising campaign on social media (Twitter). There is support from the press.
The developers may be contacted using the links below.
 White Paper
The information contained in the document is for informational purposes only. The views expressed in this document are solely personal stance of the ICOrating Team, based on data from open access and information that developers provided to the team through Skype, email or other means of communication.
Our goal is to increase the transparency and reliability of the young ICO market and to minimize the risk of fraud.
We appreciate feedback with constructive comments, suggestions and ideas on how to make the analysis more comprehensive and informative.