Taylor Basic Review
|Start ICO||21 Feb 2018|
|End ICO||22 Mar 2018|
Ticker symbol: TAY
Project type: Trading
Extended company description: Taylor is an easy-to-use service for exchanging and investing in cryptocurrency with the help of bots.
Company: Taylor OÜ
Public ICO start: 19.02.2018
Public ICO end: 20.03.2018
Token Sale duration (weeks): 4
Token type: TAY
Token emission: 10,000,000
Tokens available (Pre-Sale + Public ICO): 7,600,000
Investment goal: Support for the service and the financing of initial operating expenses including development, marketing and technical infrastructure.
Price: 1 TAY = 0.0007 ETH
Accepted payment: ETH
Bounty: The program is active until the end of the ICO
Token role: functional
Team (number of people): 13
Advisors and partners (number of people): 9
Taylor is an easy-to-use service for exchanging and investing in cryptocurrency with the help of bots.
Taylor monitors major exchanges and conducts technical analyses to discover investment opportunities. Then it signals users about potentially profitable transactions which may be started automatically at the click of a button. As soon as a trade begins, Taylor can control the process automatically.
Taylor enables anyone regardless of their trading experience, to profit from the global crypto market.
- Amure Pinho (LinkedIn) - President of Associação Brasileira de Startups, CEO at Blogo, formerly executive director at Sync, Crossfy.
- Felipe Matos (LinkedIn) - Executive director of Movimento Dínamo, blogger at ESTADÃO, member of the board of UpPoints, member of the advisory board of Associação Brasileira de Startups.
- Andre Diamand (LinkedIn) - Member of the Advisory Council, CEO at Associação Brasileira de Startups, Chairman and Founder of VentureOne Startups, previously chairman and founder of Future Security.
- Everton Fraga (LinkedIn) - Software engineer at Ethereum, previously instructor at Blockchain Academy, co-founder of Dujour, Kinda Connected.
- Brad Mills (LinkedIn) - Analyst for Alphabet Digital Currency Fund, Bitcoin Bitcoin, co-founder and director of marketing at Slightly Social, Inc., head of monetization of Facebook games.
- AceOfWallstreet (Twitter) - Founder of APX Ventures, Crypto trader & influencer.
- NotSoFast (Twitter) - miner and trader.
- Ant (ThisIsNuse) (Twitter) - trader, former InfoSec specialist.
- Godson (Twitter) - trader.
- APX - a venture fund.
- Clearify - a technical partner in security.
- Onfido - a technical partner in identity verification.
Investments attracted: The private pre-sale raised 500 ETH in Aug-2017.
The Taylor project is a platform for automated trading and investment in crypto.
- The crypto market is developing dynamically, which offers good prospects for the project.
- The team members have the relevant specialized experience and can add value to this project.
- The project offers a type of service that is currently in demand.
- Unfortunately the beta version is not yet available (the project has announced mid-January as the launch date).
- The segment is highly competitive;
- There was no marketing strategy or methods for attracting customers provided, which may lead to an inadequate take-up for the project.
- The project is still low profile, but the team's experience should help overcome this.
Market and Industry
The crypto market of course shows great potential: according to Infoholic Research LLP forecasts, the crypto and blockchain markets will grow by 35.2% over the next 5 years. Consequently, we can expect an increase in investment in this sector. [https://www.infoholicresearch.com/report/cryptocurrency-and-block-chain-market-trends-2016-2022/]
The team point out that as of November 2017, Bitcoin alone had a market capitalization of more than $100 billion; more than 1000 digital coins are traded on crypto markets.
Comments: The crypto market is dynamically developing but the number of platforms providing similar services is also growing rapidly. More details about competitors can be seen in the next section.
The project identifies the following competitors:
- Criptoping - a service that monitors crypto markets and notifies when a crypto asset shows unusual market action.
- Cindicator - a crowd forecasting-platform on blockchain, providing forecasts for financial markets.
Summary: There are many services offering crypto trading; however Taylor, unlike its competitors, offers rate tracking services and bot-assisted trading.
Engineering features of the project
The platform is built on the basis of blockchain technology using smart contracts.
The platform consists of the following aspects:
- Marking monitor bot - constantly monitors markets or currency pairs on exchanges (Bittrex and Poloniex).
- Mobile application - enables a user to view proposed transactions.
- Trade bot - manages a user's funds via API.
Taylor functions as follows:
- A trading opportunity (signal) is identified, the market monitor bot (A) notifies users via the Taylor mobile application (B).
- After notification, users may analyze the proposed opportunity through the application interface and decide whether they want to start a transaction.
- After deciding on whether to trade, the user may choose the amount to be invested and the desired target profit.
- The trade bot (C) then performs its action.
Comments: The team uses proven technologies.
With the development of technology and data it is planned to implement the following:
- 1st quarter of 2018 - Launch of the beta version of the mobile application.
- Q2 2018 - Launch of Taylor mobile app V1, development of new trade/market monitoring strategies.
- Q3 2018 - Support for further currency pairs, additional trading/market monitoring strategies.
- Q4 2018 - Release of the desktop app, introduction of social commerce/trader tracking function.
- Q2 2019 - Release of web app, adding an automatic trade function.
- Q3 2019 - Adding new and not yet discovered functions, products and services.
Comments: The team has presented a step-by-step strategy for project development. The beta version will be available in mid-January according to the thread on BitcoinTalk. [https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2664714&utm_source=site&utm_medium=button&utm_campaign=awareness&utm_content=announcement]
The following active modules are available in the open repository:
- Commits: 19
- JGcarv: 100.00%
Comments: The repository contains 1 open module:
- smart-contracts – which is dedicated to smart contracts. The module is active; the last changes were made 11 hours ago (on January 30).
Repository Owner - Taylor.
We have analyzed the Taylor website and documentation for sufficiency and consistency for making an investment decision.
The website also provides information about the project, the ICO, the Roadmap, bounty and bonuses, the blog, frequently asked questions with answers, consultants and the team. The website is presented in English. The website features links to the blog, a description of the bounty program and frequently asked questions.
Summary: The documentation enables a comprehensive view of the project. The work process of the platform is described in sufficient detail but there is not enough technical description of the project. Marketing strategy, development and plans for market entry are not presented.
Tokens for sale: 76%
Public ICO start: February 19, 2018
Token type: TAY
Accepted payment: ETH
Price: 1 TAY = 0.0007 ETH
Crowdsale duration: 4 weeks, until March 20, 2018
Tay Token is a utility token that can be used to pay for platform services.
Taylor's services will be subscription-based. Monthly subscribers receive trading signals on their mobile phones and have access to an automated trading interface. They will be able to pay for the subscription using credit cards, some cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin (BTC) and Ether (ETH), or using the TAY token.
The service charge is likely to be $60.00 per month. This price will be confirmed later after some market checks.
Token limitation: 10,000,000
Token holder advantages: users who pay using TAY will have discounts on the subscription fee and access to exclusive features such as priority notification and higher trading limits
Additional token emission: No
Max goal: 5960 ETH
Min goal: 500 ETH
The project allocates 300 000 TAY (3% of all TAY issued) on the bounty; the program is open in the following areas:
Summary: The project has an extensive bounty program. All details of the program are available at the link above. Once all stakes are counted, users will see their TAY tokens in their Taylor accounts. Tokens will be distributed after the TAY blockchain is launched.
Token and capital distribution
Tokens and capital are distributed according to the following scheme:
Summary: Tokens do not affect the distribution of shares in the company. The incentive system is built in such way that it is more profitable to buy tokens earlier.
According to the roadmap, the team has verified the demand for the service provided. It will concentrate on the mobile application. Unfortunately, the roadmap is mostly focused on the technical aspects of the project; questions about user interaction and commercial development remain unanswered.
Summary: The roadmap does not disclose the project's scaling plans; however, it contains a detailed technical component.
The team features 13 people and 9 advisors. Information about the main team members based on LinkedIn is as follows:
- Fabio Seixas (LinkedIn) - Co-founder and CEO. Co-founder of LeadGrid, Jack Sistemas, previously co-founder of Camiseteria.com.
- Thiago Régis (LinkedIn) - Chief Technical Officer and Co-Founder. Previously Drupal consultant at RNP, CEO and founder of FISQUA, public relations manager at Drupal Brasil.
- Rafael Salmon (LinkedIn) - Head of Marketing. CEO and founder of Codifique, Microsoft .Net Trainer at Instituto Infnet, previously CEO and co-founder of Salmon Consultoria / Vamos Innovations.
The team has 10 more people.
Summary: The majority of the team did not specify an affiliation with Taylor. The team is mostly from Brazil, and has the following specialists: A community manager, content specialist, public relations manager, UX designer, user interface specialist, Fullstack developers, external developer, a Solidity developer and an attorney.
Information about the project is available via various popular services such as Twitter, Telegram, Reddit, Medium, Discord, LinkedIn, Facebook, GitHub, BitcoinTalk and YouTube. The project has a bounty program.
The team is active on social media. News on the project appears regularly via Twitter and Facebook; there is a blog on Medium. The format of articles about the project shows that they were written mainly at the project's request.
Comments: Interest in the project is gradually growing. The marketing campaign is developed mainly on Facebook and Twitter.
Traffic analysis of the Taylor website based on Similarweb.com data showed the following:
Traffic sources: [Similarweb]
Comments: direct link: 34.75%, referrals: 7.51%, search: 1.98%, social media: 47.01%, mail: 8.75%
Search traffic: 1.98%, 100% from with is organic.
Referral links: 7.51%
A social activity analysis of the Taylor website based on BE1.ru data showed the following:
Traffic sources: [https://be1.ru/stat/smarttaylor.io]
Comments: Top 5 countries of visitor origin: Brazil - 53.85%, the United States - 11.84%, Great Britain - 7.10%, Canada - 5.43%, France - 3.14%.
Referral links: medium.com: 65.15%; nyx.cz: 34.85%.
Social activity: Twitter: 66.74%; Facebook: 33.26%
Traffic analysis of the Taylor website based on analysis data showed the following:
Traffic sources: [https://a.pr-cy.ru/smarttaylor.io]
Activity: Visitors: 6253, views: 25,020
Social activity: Score: 1137, source: VK: 0, Facebook reposts: 1137, Google+: 0
Summary: Based on available data, users are just beginning to be interested in the project. The team leads its advertising campaign on Twitter and Facebook; there is a blog on Medium. Over the past month, website traffic has grown by 8000 visitors.
The developers may be contacted using the links below: