Ticker Symbol: RAC
Project Type: Crypto
Company description (detailed): RoBET is a sports and cryptocurrency betting platform built on the Ethereum blockchain.
Company: Bookiedom LTD
Public ICO start date: 20.04.2018
Public ICO end date: 21.05.2018
Token sale duration (weeks): 4
Token type: ERC-20
Total token supply: 4,000,000
Tokens to be sold (pre-sale + public ICO): 3,200,000
- RAC Team - R&D: 60% (implementation of RAC products and further development of the currently operating RoboAdvisorCoin platform).
- Management: 5% (RAC accounting, legal, administration and security expenses).
- Marketing: 20% (raising awareness and promoting adoption of the RoboAdvisorCoin platform among users, traders and third-party systems, including the formation and support of a world-wide community).
- Contractors: 6% (external vendors of engineering, marketing and other services).
- Reserved/unforeseen expenses: 9%.
Price: 1 RAC = 0.02 ETH
Accepted currencies: ETH
Bounty program: active Token functionality: utility
Number of team members: 11
Number of advisors and partners: 2
RoBET is a sports and cryptocurrency betting platform built on the Ethereum blockchain.
The platform will employ AI technologies for risk management and provision of recommendations for users.
The platform will encompass the following services:
- sports betting.
- cryptocurrency trends and volatility betting.
- AI-powered selection of sporting events and consequent betting.
- access to custom betting strategies.
- individually-tailored recommendations on sporting events selection and betting.
- statistical analysis.
- competitions with the proprietary RoBot AI.
- new betting exchange services enabling each player to create a custom sports book and become a bookmaker.
- participation in other sports books.
- enter user competitions.
- Daniele Bianchi (https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniele-bianchi-b9713ba/) – Cryptocurrency expert. He is an Assistant Professor at the Warwick Business School, University of Warwick.
- Mike Hollings (https://www.linkedin.com/in/mike-hollings-b94070134/) – Investment Consultant. Mike founded the Kola Capital LLP fund, where he was Investment Director.
Mike is also the Senior Investment Specialist for the Shard Capital Investment
Committee. He has been working as an Investment Banker and Manager for thirty years.
- TRUSTMYPHONE (http://trustmyphone.com/) – technology partner. Based in Italy and provides mobile business and payment security services.
- TOTOGUIDA SCOMMESSE (totoguidascommesse.it) – media partner (sport magazine).
Attracted funds: 2292 ETH during pre-ICO.
At the root of this project is a platform for facilitating sports and cryptocurrency betting.
- an available MVP.
- an experienced team and professional advisors.
- the project has raised 2292 ETH.
- the market is growing at a slow pace.
the market environment is highly competitive. A lot of effort and money may be required in order to occupy a niche.
Analysts expect the sports betting market to grow at 8.62% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) from 2018 to 2022.
According to data provided by Technavio, the gambling and betting market is projected to grow at a rate of 9.36% from 2017 to 2020.
[https://www.marketresearchreports.com/technavio/global-online-gambling-market-2017-2021] As per this study, sports betting revenue totalled $91 billion in 2017. The Asian segment of this market is the largest, and shows the fastest growth rates.
The projected annual growth rate is 9.6% over the period to 2020.
Comment: The sports betting market is rapidly developing. However, we would like to mention that the team has provided a market analysis for 2017, which is no longer relevant.
The project team mentions the following competitors:
William Hill, Ladbrokes, bet365, Bwin, Paddy Power, Betfair, Unibet, Better.
According to our research, the project has the following additional competitors:
- Winline (https://winline.ru) – a bookmaker that takes sports and eSports bets;
- Pinnacle (https://pinnacle.com) – a bookmaker that takes various bets including sports, eSports, casino, slot machines, etc.
- Marathonbet (https://marathonbet.com) – a feature-rich site that takes virtually all types of bets.
Rival blockchain betting platforms:
- Gron (https://grondigital.com) – a platform designed for lottery, casino and sports betting.
- Fansunite (https://fansunite.io) – a sports betting platform.
- Taylor (http://smarttaylor.io) – an easy-to-use service that employs bots for cryptocurrency trading and investment.
Conclusion: The pivotal feature that sets the project apart is that it combines cryptocurrency and sports betting. Users can also run their own sports books.
The platform is based on blockchain and uses smart contracts. The system also employs AI technology to make forecasts and calculate odds. The ecosystem incorporates a multicryptocurrency wallet that allows users to place several bets simultaneously.
The wallet has the following functions:
- storage of players’ cryptocurrencies and RAC tokens
- withdrawal of funds
- collection of payouts
- currency exchange
- partnering with other users. Multiple users can participate or invest tokens in a shared wallet to work together with other players’ gaming strategies.
RoBET is part of the RoboAdvisorCoin product family, which offers three platforms:
- The Financial RoboAdvisor provides detailed forecasts, analytical data on specific securities and constantly updated tailored reports (this product is ready to use).
- The Crypto RoboAdvisor provides detailed forecasts and analytical data on cryptocurrencies (currently in beta testing).
- The Betting RoboAdvisor is an AI-powered module that helps users manage risks and assess and compare winning probabilities. Users will be also able to run their own sports books and place bets using smart contracts.
RoBET players can place bets using RAC tokens and other cryptocurrencies.
Users will be able to create their own tickets. Tickets will function as follows:
- users sign up and create tickets.
- when creating tickets, users specify purposes, desired tournaments, acceptable risks, etc.
- once the required information is submitted, the system will automatically notify the user about interesting events, provide betting advice, etc.
Alternatively, players can open their own small sports books. This involves the following steps: 1) Signing up: new users need to provide their personal data to the platform. Registered users can then create a smart contract specifying the soft cap, hard cap and timeframe. 2) For setting up sports books, the platform envisages two different revenue models:
- Users can create brand-new sports books with their own bets. They can use RAC AI forecasts to adjust the odds and risks.
- Users can join other sports books.
3) Betting: Transactions are written on the blockchain. Winnings are distributed employing smart contracts.
Comment: Some platform features can be tested at [https://roboadvisorcoin.com/]
The team are planning to further develop the technology, collect the required data and subsequently implement the following solutions:
- June 2018: launch of sports betting facility.
- November 2018: launch of ticket facility, system enhancement.
- 2019: wider range of sports, user competition feature launched.
Comment: The team have provided information regarding stages for project progress; however the smart contract has not yet been made available.
We have analyzed the ROBET site and documentation to determine whether they provide sufficient and consistent information for an investment decision to be made.
Project information can be found in the White Paper and One Pager. The White Paper is available in English. The One Pager is available in English, Italian and German. The WP provides a detailed description of the project; specific attention is paid to the platform technical parameters. However, the information is not particularly well-structured.
The website also provides information on the project, roadmap, team, partners, advisors and ICO. The site is available in English.
Conclusion: The documentation provides sufficient information for gaining an idea about the project; a detailed description is provided.
Percentage of tokens to be sold: 80%
Public ICO start date: April 20, 2018
Token type: ERC-20
Accepted currencies: ETH
Price: 1 RAC = 0.02 ETH
Crowdsale duration: 4 weeks (to May 21, 2018)
The tokens are used for purchasing services and payment of fees (for withdrawals and transactions).
Token issuance limit: 4,000,000
Token holders’ perks: The utility tokens can be used to access the platform’s services or be sold on exchanges.
Dividends: Available. RAC holders will receive back 20% of all generated revenues on a quarterly basis.
Additional emission: none
The ICO has two stages:
- First stage: November, 24 2017 to December 24, 2017
- Second stage: - Pre Sale: February 1, 2018
- ICO: April 20, 2018 to May 21, 2018.
Hard Cap: 30,000 ETH
Soft Cap: 3000 ETH
Bonuses: 20+ ETH: 20%; 30+ ETH: 25%; 50+ ETH: 35%; 100+ ETH: 50%
Comment: All unsold tokens will be burned.
Total tokens allocated for the bounty program 20,000 RAC (0.5% of total supply). The program encompasses the following options:
- BitcoinTalk subscription: 35%
- BitcoinTalk translations: 10%
- Twitter: 25%
- YouTube / blogging / articles: 15% - Telegram: 15%.
Conclusion: The project’s bounty program offers plenty of options. All conditions are available at the link shown above. The rewards will be distributed within 30 days of the end of the public sale (by June 21).
Token and Funds Allocation
Tokens and funds will be allocated as follows:
Conclusion: Tokens do not affect the company’s allotment of shares. The incentive program encourages early token purchase.
Project Development Plans
Roadmap of the project
Conclusion: The team state that they plan to launch a broad-scale marketing campaign. No details are available.
The team includes 11 members. LinkedIn profiles of key members provide the following information:
- Edoardo Narduzzi (https://www.linkedin.com/in/edoardo-narduzzi/) – Co-Founder and CEO. He also co-founded SelfieWealth (AI applied to financial markets). Edoardo is the Founder and Chairman of the Mashfrog Group. In 2008 he founded TrustMyPhone (mobile payment security services). He is also a Shareholder and Board Member at Vetrya (solutions for broadband telecommunications networks).
- Alessandro Lentini (https://www.linkedin.com/in/alessandrolentini/) – Co-Founder and CTO. Allesandro is the Co-Founder and CTO of TrustMyPhone. He was also the CTO and Co-Founder of SelfieWatch. He was the Head of Fintech and Betting Solutions at the Mashfrog Group, and also held the CTO position at Flywers.
- Marco Querini (https://www.linkedin.com/in/marco-querini-b79a1929/) – Blockchain Expert. Marco holds a Ph.D. Computer Science and Automation Engineering. He is a lecturer and research engineer, currently teaching a course in IT at Luiss Guido Carli University. He has worked as an engineer at SelfieWealth.
Conclusion: Most of the team confirmed they are taking part in the project. Team members are mainly from Italy. The team also has the following specialists: A web developer, a system developer, communications manager, digital art director, Middle East area manager and sports publisher.
Information on the project is available via major services such as Twitter, Telegram, Reddit, Slack, Linkedin, Github, Bitcointalk and Youtube. The project has an active bounty program.
The team are running a social network marketing campaign. Their Twitter newsfeed is regularly updated. The majority of articles published are reviews of the project and have been written to order.
Comment: The project’s audiences do not show a particularly high level of interest in the project. The marketing campaign is mainly developed via Twitter.
These are the results of traffic analysis of the ROBET site based on data from Similarweb.com:
Traffic source: https://www.similarweb.com/website/RoBET.io
Comment: Direct: 91.95%, referrals: 0%, search: 8,04%, social: 0%, mail: 0%
Search traffic: 8% (100% of this is organic traffic)
These are the results of traffic analysis of the ROBET site based on data from BE1.ru:
Traffic source: [https://be1.ru/stat/RoBET.io]
Comment: Most traffic comes from these countries: Qatar - 48.38%, Spain - 38.38%, Belarus - 13.24%
Conclusion: Based on available data, users do not currently seem to be particularly interested in the project. The team are running a marketing campaign on Twitter and communicate with users via Telegram. They also post videos on Youtube. The project has been featured in some media publications. The number of visitors to their main site (https://roboadvisorcoin.com/) increased by 300 over the past month and currently totals 63,000.
You can contact the developers via the following links:
The information contained in the document is for informational purposes only. The views expressed in this document are solely personal stance of the ICOrating Team, based on data from open access and information that developers provided to the team through Skype, email or other means of communication.
Our goal is to increase the transparency and reliability of the young ICO market and to minimize the risk of fraud.
We appreciate feedback with constructive comments, suggestions and ideas on how to make the analysis more comprehensive and informative.