RewardMob Basic Review
|Start ICO||13 Mar 2018|
|End ICO||27 Mar 2018|
Ticker symbol: RMOB
Project Type: Gaming and VR
Extended company description: RewardMob is a mobile platform for casual eSports [WP] built on the Waves blockchain.
Company: RewardMob Digital Inc.
Public ICO Start: 13.03.2018
Public ICO End: 27.03.2018
Token Sale Duration (weeks): 2.1
Token type: Waves
Total number of tokens issued: 3,000,000,000
Tokens Available (Pre-Sale + Public ICO): n/a
Investment goals: n/a
Price of 1 Ticket = $1.00 USD
Accepted payments: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Waves
Bounty: not announced
Token role: Functional
Team size (number of people): 6
Number of advisors and partners: 4
RewardMob is a mobile platform for casual eSports [WP] built on the basis of the Waves blockchain. The platform combines gaming tournament participation for users and a loyalty program for developers.
The project provides the opportunity to move mobile games to one's own platform, providing an increase in user engagement. Game players for their part will receive rewards for participating in large-scale multiplayer online tournaments. These rewards will be in the form of real money, tokens, points or prizes from project partners.
REWARDMOB provides the following services:
- tournament organizing: paid or free
- attracting sponsorship to tournaments
- advertising placement on the platform
- mobile game monetization
- assistance in finding events to sponsor
- organization of online tournament streams
- Jeff Donnelley (LinkedIn) Jeff ran ‘Draft Kings’ marketing budget and also worked on marketing for ‘World of Tanks’.
- Guillermo Manzanares (LinkedIn) — regional manager at Akei Plastic-Machine.
- Marc Jansen (n/a) — Blockchain advisor. He is a professor of Applied Informatics at the University of Applied Sciences (Bottrop, Germany) and at Linnaeus University (Vaxjo, Sweden).
- Thomas Newman (LinkedIn) — Managing Director of AppInfluencer SLU, previously Managing director of Cashplay, co-founder and sales director at Digital New Media Limited.
- Bryan Pellegrino (LinkedIn) — Entrepreneur at Rho AI, a counselor at Science of the Blockchain, formerly executive director at BuzzDraft, founder of Coder Den.
- Dumadu — company developing mobile games. Currently, more than 100 games and 40,000,000 installations have been developed.
- Code Big Games — a leading developer of mobile games that has launched more than 2,000 games through the iOS App Store, Google Play Store, as well as over 100,000,000 installations.
- PlayPay Games — mobile games developer.
- GameAnax — developer of mobile games with several titles exceeding over 10,000,000 installations each.
Attracted investments: Private investments totaling over $750,000 USD
The project is centred on a platform for organizing tournaments for mobile games, built on the Waves blockchain.
Strengths of the project:
- the project is operating in a rapidly growing market, referred to as casual eSports / eSports Mobile.
- the project has a beta version of its platform available (6 and 8 key modules have been developed).
- user partners are developing games on the platform.
Weaknesses of the project:
- the project is selling tickets instead of tokens, which may cause misunderstanding on the part of investors; we recommend a more detailed and transparent description of the method of purchase and of the relationship between tickets and RMOB project tokens.
Market and Industry
The Technavio analytic company predicts that the global gaming market will grow by more than 6% (CAGR) between 2016 and 2020. In 2017, this market was US$100.66 billion. (Newzoo analytics). Also according to Newzoo, the number of players currently stands at approximately 2 billion.
According to Statista, the esports market volume in 2017 was US$696 million. By 2020, the cumulative annual growth (CAGR) will be 32%. Audience size for esports events will be 385 million.
Regarding the advertising market for mobile applications, according to Statista by 2020 revenues will reach $188.9 billion due to in-app purchases and advertising. Thus, CAGR will be 53.4%.
[https://www.statista.com/statistics/269025/worldwide-mobile-app-revenue-forecast/], [https://www.technavio.com/report/global-media-and-entertainment-services-online-gaming-market], [https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/the-global-games-market-will-reach-108-9-billion-in-2017-with-mobile-taking-42], [https://www.statista.com/topics/3121/esports-market/]
The project will be developing in the mobile applications market. According to the white paper, the target niche is casual eSports / eSports Mobile.
The team also points out the following metrics for the mobile games market:
- the mobile gaming audience constituted 2.7 billion active players in 2016 bringing revenues of $43.6 billion.
- the mobile advertising market amounted to nearly $108 billion in 2016.
- forecasted revenues for mobile eSports in 2017 amount to 696 million dollars and will grow to 1500 million dollars by 2020.
- currently more than 2.2 million mobile apps are running in the Apple App Store, and about 800 thousand of them are mobile game applications.
Comments: The mobile gaming market is growing rapidly. The mobile advertising market is also showing high growth. It can thus be concluded that the project has a chance to occupy a niche in the market.
- Eloplay — a platform based on blockchain that enables finding teams and players for gaming tournaments.
- Gamezboost — a platform for participating in gaming tournaments, mobile games and for merchandise shopping.
- Skillz — a platform for organizing game tournaments, mobile games and for placing advertising.
Summary: The RewardMob platform is very similar in functionality to the Skillz platform, but the main feature of RewardMob is that the platform is based on blockchain technology.
Engineering features of the project
The platform is built on Waves blockchain technology.
RewardMob includes 8 components of which 6 are already functioning:
- SDK (Software Development Kit) — enables game developers to integrate their app with the RewardMob app. This allows players to obtain rewards, shows current tournament ratings, time remaining in a tournament and the total prize fund for the tournament.
- Secure authentication (completed) — the process of logging into the ‘safe player’ enables gamers to authenticate their identity and easily log in to any game with RewardMob’s support quickly and safely.
- RewardMob — an application that enables viewing rewards and managing accounts.
- Management of tournaments — an administration system and console to help game developers set up and run their own tournaments.
- Waves wallet.
- Waves node — controls a node in the Waves blockchain, which facilitates transaction verifications online.
- Advertising platform — enables placing of commercials on the platform.
- Analytics Suite — an analytical suite for monitoring tournaments in real-time.
The platform will operate as follows:
- A developer organizes a free or paid tournament; only tokens can be used to pay for participation.
- Players earn tokens, points and prizes by participating in tournaments, reaching levels, etc.
- Payments for participation in the tournament form the prize fund.
Comments: The project has a working beta version of its platform.
In the future, with the development of the technology and data capacity it is planned to implement the following:
February 2018: Launch of free games and tournaments worldwide.
Q2 2018: Launch of paid games and tournaments.
Comments: At the moment the team is focused on the implementation of both free and paid tournaments. It is not yet announced when the advertising platform and analytical tools will be available.
The following active modules are presented in the open repository:
Comments: The project has 2 open modules:
- unity-sdk-docs — RewardMob Unity SDK program review.
- slack-invite-automation — web application for inviting a user in Slack.
The repository belongs to REWARDMOB. There is no current activity in the repository.
We checked the Rewardmob site and documentation for sufficiency and consistency in order to make an investment decision.
Information about the project is contained in the white paper. The document is available in English. The project is described in detail in the white paper; the main emphasis is placed on description of the platform’s operation.
The website also provides information on the project, the ICO, the Roadmap, consultants and the team.
The site is available in English and features a detailed description of the platform’s services.
Summary: The documentation offers insight into the project; platform operation and the services provided are described in sufficient detail.
Public ICO start date: March 13th, 2018
Token type: Based on Waves
Accepted payments: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Waves
1 Ticket = $1.00 USD
Crowdsale duration: 2 weeks, until March 27, 2018
The RMOB Token was created using the Waves platform.
The only way to obtain RMOB tokens is to earn, win or receive them as a bonus when you buy "tickets" to participate in pay-to-play tournaments.
RMOB tokens may be used both on the project's platform and in partner games.
Token limit: 3,000,000,000
Additional issue of the tokens: No
Max Goal: $20,000,000
Minimum Goal: n/a
Comments: During the ICO, the project will sell "tickets" to tournaments and offer rewards in RMOB tokens as a bonus. To purchase "tickets" you need to create an account on the RewardMob platform; from the control panel in your account you will be able to purchase "tickets" to RewardMob tournaments for BTC, ETH, Waves, Visa & Mastercard. Your RewardMob tickets will appear in your account as soon as your transaction is saved.
Any "tickets" not sold by the end of the ticket sale period will entail burning of the corresponding bonus tokens.
Summary: A bounty program has not been announced. However, the project has launched a referral program:
- Each user creating an account with RewardMob receives a unique referral code they can share with friends.
RewardMob will pay a referral bonus of 10% in RMOB tokens to each user who buys tickets during the ICO.
- The referral program will also function when inviting players to the platform using a referral code.
Token and capital distribution
Tokens and capital are distributed according to the following scheme:
36.4% - Game Pool
33.6% - Loyalty Bonus Pool
10% - Growth Reserve Tokens
20% - RewardMob Company
Summary: Tokens do not affect the distribution of shares in the company.
Roadmap of the project
At the time of the ICO only one event has been presented in the roadmap — the launch of Pay to Play.
The user acquisition strategy for RewardMob is to partner with existing mobile game developers. When adding a new game to the platform, its active players are also added. This enables very rapid scaling.
For example, there are two games from Game Anax in the integration phase now. These have over 5 million installs each.
Summary: The project has extensive plans for scaling. The team plans to use its partners (game manufacturers) to increase user numbers.
The team consists of 6 people, as well as 4 advisors. Information on the core members of the team (LinkedIn) is as follows:
- Todd Koch (LinkedIn) — CEO and co-founder. Owner of Fine Art Bartending.
- Colin Bracey (LinkedIn) — Co-founder and CTO. Formerly senior systems developer at QHR Technologies, ETL programmer at Pareto Systems, chief programmer at TRW;
- Travis Kraft (LinkedIn) — CMO. Specialist in digital marketing at SmartWeb Canada Inc., formerly consultant on digital marketing at ReachLocal Canada, consultant on business and media at Yellow Pages Group.
There are 3 other people in the team.
Summary: All members of the team indicated their affiliation to the project. The team also has the following specialists: game director, software developers.
The eSport industry expert in the team is Thomas Newman, former managing director of CashPlay (https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/cashplay-co), a mobile eSports platform. Thomas has extensive experience in mobile gaming and has been instrumental in attracting the current partners.
Information about the project is available via a variety of popular services such as Twitter, Telegram, Slack, Bitcointalk, Github, Linkedin and Facebook. The project has no bounty program.
The project is active on social media; there are regular news updates on Twitter and Facebook.
The format of articles on the project suggests that they were primarily ordered by the project.
Also, the team has a telegram channel with 16,600 members and 25,766 registered users for a ticket sale on the website.
Comments: The level of interest in the project is increasing. The project is reaching out to users through Twitter, Facebook, Telegram and via registration on its website.
Analysis of Rewardmob website traffic based on Similarweb.com data showed the following:
Traffic sources: [https://www.similarweb.com/website/ticketsale.rewardmob.com]
Comments: direct: 0, referrals: 100, search: 0, social: 0, mail: 0
Referral Links: 100%
Analysis of Rewardmob website traffic based on BE1.ru data showed the following:
Traffic sources: https://be1.ru/stat/ticketsale.rewardmob.com [https://be1.ru/stat/ticketsale.rewardmob.com]
Comments: Top 5 countries for site visitors: Brazil — 53.24%, 21.11%, USA — 18.16% Russia — 4.71%, Bangladesh — 2.78%
Referral Links: tokensale.rewardmob.com — 53.24%, rewardmob.com — 39.27%, blog.wavesplatform.com: 4.71%; bitcointalk.org: 2.78%
Analysis of the Rewardmob website traffic based on analysis data showed that:
Traffic Sources: [https://a.pr-cy.ru/ticketsale.rewardmob.com/]
Site evaluation: 0.66
Traffic: visitors: 5565, views: 22,260
Social activity: score: 56, source: VKontakte: 0, Facebook shares: 56, Google+: 0
Summary: Based on available data, there is not yet sufficient interest in the project to guarantee a successful ICO. However, the team is conducting an advertising campaign on Twitter and Facebook and communicating via Telegram.
In the last month website traffic has increased by 700,000.
You can contact the developers through the following links: