Ticker symbol: OPP
Project type: Social Service Marketplace
Extended company description: Decentralized trading and a self-regulatory platform for knowledge sharing.
Company: Opporty Inc.
Public ICO start: 18.10.2017
Public ICO completion: 08.11.2017
Token sale duration (weeks): 3
Token type: ERC-20
Total emission: 1,000,000,000
Tokens available (Pre-Sale + Public ICO): 400,000,000
1 OPP price: 0.0002 ETH
Accepted payment: ETH
Bounty program: From September 19, 2017 until November 8, 2017.
Token role: functional
Team (number of people) 24
Advisors and partners (number of people) 11
Twitter: Postings: 60, Subscribers: 673
Telegram: Subscribers: 210
Medium: Postings: 16, Subscribers: 28
Linkedin: Subscribers: 36
Facebook: Subscribers: 6800 Y
outube: Postings: 2, Subscribers: 10
Opporty is a social platform for small and medium businesses. Using Opporty, companies can offer products and services to platform users, post and share content, find employees and effectively collaborate with other companies, freelancers and individual contractors.
An Opporty user can search for the best products and services on the local market, and also provide their services to companies.
- Clever Solution (https://clever-solution.com) - all additional services and support are provided by Clever-Solution. The company offers development and digital marketing services for start-ups, small and medium-sized businesses.
- Sead Muftic (https://www.linkedin.com/in/sead-muftic-7b35aa6/) - Technical advisor on safe information exchange in the blockchain. CEO in Blockchain Information Exchange Security Corp., founder and CEO of a company specializing in IT security, opened in 2000.
- SETECS Inc. Experienced businessman and entrepreneur (chairman, CEO, technical director of several start-ups, small and large companies). Professor of computer security (retired).
- Wulf Kaal, PhD (https://www.linkedin.com/in/wulf-kaal-6904a65b/) - expert on blockchain applications. Associate Professor at the University of St. Petersburg. Thomas School of Law, advises on the following topics: (1) new technologies and innovations (startup development, blockchain, smart contract); (2) finance and investment: hedge funds, crypto currency, ICO); law (corporate law, securities law).
- Serge Lubkin (https://www.linkedin.com/in/serge-lubkin-49a16528/) - Head of Sales at DS Outsourcing OU, CEO at Jointle (https://jointle.com/), co-founder of several projects (pantyhouse.com.ua, invitag.me).
- Michael Lapin (https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-beginex/) - Founder of Beginex, product and UX consultant, event organizer (UX, hackathons, startups, VC), former management consultant. 8 years of experience in software / technology.
- Andrey Sarayev (https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrey-sarayev-91267826/) - Advisor on AI (artificial intelligence) and analytics, PHD (quantitative methods in finance). A quantitative analyst.
- Alexander (Alex) Komyagin (https://www.linkedin.com/in/adkomyagin/) - Security advisor. Senior Consulting Engineer in MongoDB. Has a variety of technical expertise in software development, network security and distributed databases
- David Treyster (https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-treyster-1a95b711b/) - Legal advisor. Managing lawyer for legal group Hudson, Professor of Business Law.
- Alex Bilichenko (https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexbilichenko/) - Advisor on Machine Learning & AI. PhD. A quantitative researcher at Teza Technologies, former Vice President at Goldman Sachs.
Richard Bohan (https://www.linkedin.com/in/richarddbohan/),
Sergei Logvin (https://www.linkedin.com/in/sergei-logvin-2914bb52/),
Dr Kalinchenko (https://www.linkedin.com/in/konstantin-kalinchenko-b545a44/),
Elie Galam (https://www.linkedin.com/in/elie-galam-85414b3/),
Marc Kenigsberg (https://www.linkedin.com/in/marckenigsberg/)
Tzvi Shishler (https://www.linkedin.com/in/tzvishishler/)
- $300,000 was raised in a SEED round in early 2016, details are not disclosed [Crunchbase].
According to the results of our study, we recommend buying ICO tokens to long-term investors.
Opporty has not received much attention from the blockchain community (Twitter, Telegram, Facebook). However, we believe that project advisors will help to increase industry awareness of the project.
The project is based on an already-working company and has well-known advisors from the industry, which we believe will help the project achieve an audience.
Pros of the project:
- ready working company: opporty.com.
- a wide range of OPP token applications.
- the project has experienced founders and advisors.
- there is conversion to and from fiat currency at the entrance and exit to the platform.
Cons of the project:
- Local markets worldwide are distinguished by cultural characteristics, which may require the team to "customize" the platform for each region of presence.
- According to a report by the U.S. Small Business Administration in the United States, there are almost 28.8 million small businesses. Growth was 1.4%.
- According to the American Bar Association there are 1,315,561 lawyers in the US, an increase over the past 5 years of 9%.
- According to the portal Statistics: Number of working accountants – 400,000. (excluding the big four companies), therefore, there are approximately 35,000 small firms (in this calculation, a small firm is about 15 people). Projected growth is 15.2%. As for the logistics industry, the increase in 2018 will be 1.4 million people (93,000 firms).
According to the white paper: initially Opporty will appeal to lawyers, accountants and logistics specialists.
- There are 28.8 million small businesses in the United States. They account for 99.7% of all US enterprises. The potential market includes more than 40 million private companies in China and 23 million small businesses in the EU.
- Lawyers – there are more than 170,000 law firms and about 1,315,000 licensed lawyers working in niche areas (as of 2015).
- Accountants – there are more than 42,000 accounting firms (since 2014).
- Logisticians – a mass industry with more than 500,000 interstate freight carriers, about 10,000 freight forwarders and consolidators, as well as more than 150 container ship operators.
Comments: The company has a strategy for entering the market. In addition, there is a description of the marketing campaign. They have many partners in the press. However, as analysis shows, the growth in this market is very small, which indicates potential difficulties in the struggle for market share.
Based on our research, we identified the following competitors for Opporty:
- PayFair (https://payfair.io/ru/) - a blockchain platform that allows conducting any type of transaction using escrow.
- Crystal Clear (http://crystal-clear.io/) - a blockchain platform that enables searching for services and making transactions using escrow.
- Safecrow (https://www.safecrow.ru/) - service for implementing protected transactions of sale on the internet.
Summary: There are competitors on the market who use a similar transaction protection system. Opporty, unlike PayFair and Crystal Clear, is more specialized (transactions in accounting, logistics and law), while Opporty is also more service oriented (the buyer finds a seller), but PayFair is oriented towards a transaction protection system. At Crystal Clear, auctions are held for services.
The key difference from existing services (Safecrow, etc.) is the use of blockchain.
Opporty is built on the Ethereum blockchain and supports smart-contracts and escrow. The knowledge sharing system of Opporty will allow businesses to train their communities, share knowledge and experience and gain access. A self-regulating decentralized expert community will establish and approve the business standards in Opporty’s market.
In the future with technological development and growth of data, it is planned to implement the following:
Comments: The company has introduced a step-by-step strategy to develop technical aspects of the platform. The emergence of elements of gaming with the ability to earn tokens could increase user interest.
The following active blocks are represented in the open repository:
Opporty has 2 open repositories - ICO (under development) and Escrow.
Comments: Activity observed only in the ICO repository.
We have analyzed the Opporty website and documentation for sufficiency and propriety for making an investment decision.
The website also provides information on the project, token distribution, implementation of the public ICO and the team.
Summary: The documentation enables forming an idea about the project. The best method of posing questions to the team is via Telegram.
Public ICO start: October 18 2017
Minimum amount 139 230 ETH
Token emission, % 40%
Token type: ERC-20
Accepted payment: ETH
1 OPP price: 0.0002 ETH
Crowdsale duration: 3 weeks, until November 08 2017
The use of Opporty tokens includes:
- Purchase of platform services: Purchase of advertising spots, placement of ads
- Exchanger of Fiat for tokens, tokens in Fiat or Crypto-currency, etc .;
- Buying or earning by performing certain actions;
- The function of the built-in Opporty crypto currency, as a payment method in Escrow – it is withheld as payment for the conclusion of smart contracts;
Token limitation: 1,000,000,000
Advantages of token holders: the number of tokens is limited; tokens have functional application (allows using platform services).
Max goal: 80,000 ETH
Min goal: 1000 ETH
The sale of tokens is implemented in 2 phases:
ICO: from October 18, 2017 until November 8, 2017;
Bonuses for early purchase:
- the first 24 hours - 20%;
- 2-3 days - 15%;
- 4-8 days - 10%;
- 9-14 days - 5%;
- 15-21 days - 0%.
All unsold tokens during the first phase will be frozen for one year and will be offered for purchase during Phase II, which the Opporty team is planning to launch a year after.
Comments: The team ensures that tokens will not be exposed to volatility. Significant value and liquidity will be supported by the community. As the Opporty community grows, the growth, cost and stability of tokens will be protected by the vast number of services provided on the Opporty platform.
Disribution %% The project allocates 10,000,000 PLO to Bounty in Phase I; the program is open in the following areas:
- Facebook, Twitter – 2,500,000 OPP
- Blog, Youtube – 3,000,000 OPP
- Telegram – 1,000,000 OPP
- Bitcointalk signatures and avatars – 2,000,000 OPP
- Bitcointalk translation and forum moderation – 500,000 OPP
- Translation of documentation and website – 500,000 OPP
- reserve under direction (to be announced) – 500,000 OPP
Summary: The project has an extensive bounty program. All conditions of the program are specified in detail here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2189721.0. Registration in the same place.
Token and capital distribution
Tokens and capital are distributed according to the following scheme:
Token and capital distribution scheme
Sale in Phase I: 40%
Blocked in an annual contract for Phase II: 25%
Long-term incentive company: 30%
Bounty and community promotion: 5%
Summary: Tokens are sold as a currency and do not affect the distribution of shares in the company. The incentive system is arranged in such a way that it is more profitable to buy tokens earlier.
According to the roadmap:
- February 2018 - entry to new markets:
- initial stage: USA and English-speaking countries (Great Britain, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, etc.)
- second stage: China
- third stage: the CIS countries (Russia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Belarus, etc.)
- fourth stage: Asia, Africa and South America;
In product promotion, the team will focus on digital marketing (content, social media, paid advertising and SEM), paid advertising and SMM to support organic ratings as well as planned participation in conferences, forums, etc.
Summary: Opporty has a balanced strategy for entering the market. The development team has 6 marketing specialists, however all of them are involved in parallel in other projects.
The team consists of 24 people and 11 advisors. Information about the main team members based on LinkedIn:
Sergey Grybniak - (https://www.linkedin.com/in/sergey-grybniak-3b59944a/) - Founder. Co-founder of Clever-Solution.com, founder of Singree.com (more than 7 years);
Kateryna Sukhenko - (https://www.linkedin.com/in/kateryna-sukhenko-4344489a/) - Product manager. Has 3 years of combined experience as a project manager at Singree.com, IT-company DSRproject, Internet marketing-agency Star Marketing.
Emil Dudnyk - (https://www.linkedin.com/in/mobelis/) - Experienced web developer.
Sergey Silin - (https://www.linkedin.com/in/silin-sergey-b70475a2) - DevOps (https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/DevOps) engineer. DevOps at Singree.com and the system administrator at Clever Solution. Has vast experience from IT department engineer to the head of the information technology and information security in banking sector.
Summary: On Linkedin, 25 people (including advisors) identify their involvement with the project. The main team indicates its ownership of the project on Linkedin. The project has a large team, which includes mainly specialists in development, contextual advertising, SEO and SMM. The team also has test engineers, a designer, copywriters, an editor and a support manager.
Project information is available on Twitter, Telegram, Medium, Facebook, BitcoinTalk, Steemit, Slack and YouTube. The team communicates with users on social networks and on the forum. The bounty program is open.
The project is working on social networks. The team answers users' questions on Telegram and Facebook. Twitter, Facebook and Slack regularly update news.
Comments: The project is quite popular among users. There are many subscribers on Twitter (673 people) and Facebook (6 800). Users are interested in the project on BitcoinTalk. In addition, the website is widely supported by the press.
Website traffic analysis based on Similarweb.com data showed the following:
Opporty Traffic sources (Similarweb.com)
Comments: 28.53% of the traffic goes by a direct link, 53.13% - following links, 16.06% - through social networks.
Search traffic: According to SimilarWeb from 0.89% of search traffic 100% is "organic." i.e. there are no ads in search systems.
Referral links: 53,13%
Comments: According to Alexa.com, the website traffic per month is about 6,000; there are 24,000 views. The website is quite new, so we can conclude that the popularity of the project is growing.
Summary: Based on the available data, we can conclude that user interest in Opporty is growing. The team is conducting an active advertising campaign on social networks (Twitter, Facebook), there is video material on Youtube. However, the activity of users on Telegram and Slack is still low.
The developers may be contacted using the links below:
1. Website: https://opporty.com/ico
3. Crowdsale terms and conditions: https://opporty.com/ico/uploads/Opporty-Tokens-Sale-GenaralTems-and-Conditions.pdf
4. About Bounty https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2189721.0
5. Similarweb https://www.similarweb.com/website/opporty.com#overview
The information contained in the document is for informational purposes only. The views expressed in this document are solely personal stance of the ICOrating Team, based on data from open access and information that developers provided to the team through Skype, email or other means of communication.
Our goal is to increase the transparency and reliability of the young ICO market and to minimize the risk of fraud.
We appreciate feedback with constructive comments, suggestions and ideas on how to make the analysis more comprehensive and informative.