Joys Digital Basic Review
|Start ICO||21 Jun 2018|
|End ICO||04 Sep 2018|
Name: Joys Digital
Ticker symbol: JOYS
Project type: Crypto, Platform
Extended company description: Joys Digital is an open blockchain platform based on Ethereum, enabling transactions between buyers and stores connected to the Joys network using various cryptocurrencies.
Company: Joys Platform Limited
Pre-sale ICO start date: 16.05.2018
Pre-sale ICO end date: 31.05.2018
Public ICO start date: 21.06.2018
Public ICO end date: 12.07.2018
Public ICO duration (weeks): 3
Coin type: proprietary blockchain
Total emission: 10,000,000,000
Coins available for sale (Pre-Sale + Public ICO): 5,500,000,000
Prices for 1 JOYS:
Accepted currencies: ETH, BTC on investor's account
Bounty program: Active
Coin role: functional
Team (number of people): 17
Advisors and partners (number of people): 6
Joys is a payment service for conducting legal transactions in most cryptocurrencies when buying goods and services. Joys is a global open source trading platform based on Ethereum, enabling the use of nearly any cryptocurrency or token to pay for goods and services.
Joys Digital enables members of its ecosystem to legally conduct transactions in crypto. Such transactions are legal because the retailer sells for fiat money, and the platform fixes the money as sale by a prepaid (gift) card from the store, or as a discount or bonus in accordance with the rules of the loyalty program, or marketing action such as miles, bonus points or discount coupons.
The platform connects blockchain projects and provdes integration into POS systems at points of sale.
The Joys ecosystem will include these types of participant:
- Stores that choose to accept crypto payments
- Crypto holders
- Projects issuing their own cryptocurrency or tokens
- Rustam Ergashev - Project Manager at BAR-M, Distribution Group
- Andrew Grachev - Managing Partner at Crypsis-Fund, founder of Crypsis Blockchain Holding
- Vladimir Perov - Co-founder of Crypsis Blockchain Holding, Technical Director of Export.Online, previously Head of Business Process Control Department at Yulmart.
- Maria Agranovskaya
- Roman Mayster - CEO of Rate & Goods
- Maxim Gladkov - CTO and software development product manager.
- Crypsis Blockchain Holding - an international holding company founded in 2016, consolidating 7 companies at the junction of finance and technology.
- Rate&Goods - a service providing product reviews.
- Dinect - a platform for loyalty programs.
- 123 - an international payment system.
- Штрих-М - a group of companies involved in automation of trade.
- POS center - business automation.
Attracted investment: $120,000 from private investors
The Joys Digital project is based on a payment system that enables users to legally pay for purchases using cryptocurrency.
Strengths of the project:
- The presence of strategic partnerships.
- The project’s market is developing dynamically.
- A legal solution for retailers to receive cryptocurrency.
- Starting investment already collected.
Weaknesses of the project:
- The project is not yet popular in the blockchain community; this could have a negative impact on fundraising.
According to data from blockchain.info, the current volume of crypto transactions (01.05.2018) is about $215 million per day.
Current capitalization of cryptocurrency (01.05.2018) is $417,680,786,553.
According to the project’s own research, the global retail market volume was $22,049 trillion in 2016; it amounted to $24.445 trillion in 2017 and will be $27.726 trillion by 2020.
Comments: The project evaluates its potential market in terms of retail industry development. The research which the team quotes from in the WP shows an increase in retail sales correlated with the growing appeal of crypto transactions (Juniper Research). Based on this data, we can assume that Joys Digital has an opportunity to take a share in the market for offline sales using crypto.
The project identifies the following competitors:
E-commerce solutions and mobile applications:
- CoinBase - a payment system for crypto transactions.
- CoinPayments - an integrated gateway for payment in Bitcoin and Litecoin.
- Bitpay - a payment system for Bitcoin operations.
- Also Blockchain Merchant, Coinify and UTRUST.
- PundiX - a system enabling shops to accept cryptocurrency as payment.
- Coinify - this platform enables trading cryptocurrencies, using them as payment methods or integrating them into existing services.
- Also CoinKite and BitXatm.
- Bitpay - a payment system for calculation in Bitcoin.
- Bitwala - an online bank account in Germany that enables users to buy and sell Bitcoins directly, make and receive payments and manage finances all in one place.
- Also SpectroCoin and Wirex.
Loyalty programs and cashback:
- BioCoin - a blockchain platform and BIO cryptocurrency, a loyalty program and transactions focused on socially responsible businesses.
- BitCoen Loyalty - a cryptocurrency and loyalty program creation facility for particular communities.
- Also LoyaltyX, Points Loyalty Wallet, Selfpay.Asia, Metal, LoyalCoin and Revolut.
POS integrated payment services:
- Paytomat - a system that enables paying for purchases in cryptocurrency.
Summary: The main difference between the Joys Digital project and its competitors is that the Joys Digital API is already built into many POS systems. According to the team, the key features of Joys Digital are its ability to legally accept cryptocurrency, and its proprietary blockchain with enhanced transaction speed in comparison with Ethereum.
The platform is built on the basis of the Ethereum blockchain with the use of smart contracts. A separate service called Wallet-Server has been created for communication with existing servers. Its task is to be a bridge between the API and the Ethereum Json RPC API.
QR code-reading technology will be used for transactions. The API and other platform components are described in Yellow Paper in detail.
Vendors will be able to exchange their own cryptocurrency for JOYS tokens and thus pay for purchases inside the Joys ecosystem. Buyers will be able to pay purchases entirely or partly in cryptocurrency.
The system will function as follows:
- Before making purchases, a buyer creates a settlement wallet in the Joys application or in partner applications in the cryptocurrency he wishes to use for purchases. He replenishes this wallet.
- A check is created at the checkout as usual.
- The buyer is identified in the POS-system: the seller reads a QR-code from the screen of a mobile phone.
- The POS system transmits the generated check and the buyer ID to Joys via an encrypted channel and signs them with the digital signature of the cashier where purchase is made.
- The transaction can be settled as follows:
- with partial payment in cryptocurrency: Joys issues a certain number of bonus points on the basis of a contract with the seller. These bonus points are accepted by this seller only. Further bonus points are transferred to the Joys Marketplace and the Joys API receives the current exchange rate for exchange of goods from ShapeShift. The buyer then exchanges cryptocurrency for these bonus points and purchases.
- full payment of goods in cryptocurrency: on the basis of a contract with the seller, Joys issues a prepaid card in the form of a digital coupon with a par value equal to the check amount in the currency indicated in the check. This digital coupon is accepted in stores belonging to this seller only. The issued digital coupon is then transferred to the Joys Marketplace and the Joys API receives the current exchange rate for exchange of goods from ShapeShift. The buyer redeems the coupon with cryptocurrency and pays for the purchase.
Comments: According to the project team, the Joys API is already built into the following POS systems: TMS30 Scheidt & Bachmann, Micros Fidelio, Micros Opera, Micros 3700, «Штрих-М», «ДЭНСИ Касса», «Эвотор», 1С8, UniPOS, «Профи-Т-5», «Артикс», «Аптека 2007», «Трейд Фарм», «УКМ4 Супермаг», etc.
The project’s Bitcointalk thread states that the project has reached direct agreements with «Эвотор» and «Штрих-М» and continues to attract new partners.
With the development of the required technology and amount of data collected, it is planned to implement the following:
- February 2, 2018 - Joys Wallet v1.0.
- February 27, 2018 - Reticule application for JOYS crypto miners.
- March 19, 2018 - Integration of Joys API v1.5 into POS.
- March 25, 2018 - miniPOS Joys for smartphones.
- March 26, 2018 - JOYS application for cloud POS Evotor.
- April 1, 2018 - Joys Investor's account.
- June 25, 2018 - Joys Wallet v2.0.
- July 29, 2018 - Development of API Joys v2.0 (dynamic QR).
- August 16, 2018 - Listing of JOYS on crypto exchanges.
Comments: The project team has presented a step-by-step strategy for the project development. The development of the first version of the product has already been completed. The MVP can be viewed at this link.
Comments: The repository contains the following modules:
- crypto-server - integration with the cluster for third-party services.
- joys-online-wallet - online wallet.
- explorer - database filling.
- reticule.settings – settings for the Joys Reticule wallet.
- open-ethereum-pool - Ethereum Mining Pool.
- eth-net-intelligence-api - backend service that works together with Ethereum and monitors the network status.
- etherchain-light - Ethereum conductor built using NodeJS, Express and Parity.
- etherex - decentralized exchange built on Ethereum.
- ethereum-powerball - this code is provided as a technical proof of concept.
The repository belongs to Joys.
We have analyzed the Joys Digital website and documentation for sufficiency and consistency to assist in investment decisions.
Information about the project is contained in the White Paper, One Pager, Analytics, Yellow Paper and the Presentation. The documents are presented in English and Russian. The White Paper presents a description of the project; the main emphasis is on a description of the functioning of the project.
The website also provides information about the project, the roadmap, bounty program, the team, partners, advisors and the ICO. The website is presented in English and Russian.
Summary: The documentation enables forming a comprehensive view of the project, and describes the project in sufficient detail.
Coins issued for sale: 55%
Public ICO start date: June 21, 2018
Coin type: proprietary blockchain
Accepted currencies: ETH, BTC in the investor’s account
Prices for 1 JOYS:
Duration of public ICO: 3 weeks until July 12, 2018
Coins are used (1) to pay for goods and (2) commissions for transactions. Later it will be possible to pay for the platform marketing services.
Coin limitation: 10,000,000,000
Coin holder perks: Coins are functional; they can be sold or used to access platform services.
Additional emission: The initial emission of JOYS is 10 billion coins. Every 15 seconds a new block is created in the Joys network for which the system pays a reward of 5 JOYS. Total annual emission is 10.512 million JOYS.
Escrow agent: "CRYPSIS - BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY"
The sale of coins is implemented in several stages:
Hard cap: $105,000,000
Soft cap: $30,000,000
Summary: The project has an extensive bounty program. All conditions for the program can be viewed at the link above.
JOYS and capital are distributed according to the following scheme:
Summary: JOYS does not affect the distribution of shares in the company. The incentive system is set up such a way that it is more beneficial to buy JOYS in advance. JOYS intended for the project team are stored in project wallets and will be distributed by the smart contract to team members within two years of completion of the ICO, taking into account successes and goals indicated in the roadmap and the white paper.
- September 5, 2018 - Start of large-scale connection of stores in Russia and the CIS.
- October 25, 2018 - Development of marketing mechanics.
- November 7, 2018 - Start of large-scale connection of stores in the EEC.
- November 16, 2018 - Connecting the first store in the US and Canada.
- January 25, 2019 - Integration of Joys API v2.0 into POS in Russia and CIS.
- February 2, 2019 - Integration of the Joys API v2.0 into POS within the EEC.
- March 29, 2019 - Integration of Joys API v2.0 in POS in South-East Asia.
- April 19, 2019 - Integration of Joys API v2.0 into POS for Latin America.
- May 17, 2019 - Integration of Joys API v2.0 into POS for North America.
Large-scale connection of stores in Southeast Asia, North and Latin America is also planned.
Summary: The project has presented a strategy for development and scaling, in which there are also plans to launch built-in marketing tools such as the automation of incentive stocks, digital coupons, predictive analysis of purchasing activity, gaming and MLM mechanics.
The team consists of 17 people and 6 advisors. Information about main team members based on LinkedIn is given below:
- Andrey Mikhaylishin - CEO. Director General of CJSC Dinect Eurasia, previously Executive Director at Dinect, Technical Director at DiscountMobile.
- Sergey Zhdanov - Chief Technical Officer. Previously Technical Consultant at Dinect Eurasia, Innoteq, LLC, DM Group, LLC, Executive Director at Pharm-Service.
- Vladimir Tolmachev - Visionization director. Director general of Digital Payments LLC, Director of Book Travel yourself, previously Director at Well Pay LLC.
The team includes 14 more people in addition.
Summary: Most of the team have indicated their affiliation with the project. The team is predominantly from Russia, and also has the following specialists: An Investor Relations Specialist, Financial Officer, Software Integration Specialist, Business Intelligence Specialist, Partners Communication Specialist, PR, SMM, community manager, back-end developer, front-end developer and QA.
Information about the project is available via various popular services such as Twitter, Telegram, Medium, Facebook, GitHub, Bitcointalk and YouTube. The project has a bounty program.
The team is conducting an advertising campaign on social media. Twitter and Facebook feature regular news updates. The format of articles about the project shows that they are written mostly to the project’s order as press releases or reviews.
Comments: Users are still showing little interest in the project. The marketing campaign is being developed mainly on Twitter and Facebook.
Traffic analysis of the JOYS website based on data from Similarweb.com shows the following:
Comments: Direct link: 94.13%, referrals: 0.44%%, search: 3.06%, social: 2.37%, mail: 0%
Traffic via search: 3.06%, 100% of which is "organic traffic."
Social activity analysis of JOYS’ website based on data frrom BE1.ru shows the following:
Comments: Top countries for site visitors: Russia - 76.17%, China - 42.93%
Referrals: crypsis.group - 100%
Social activity: Facebook - 72.00%, Twitter - 28.00%
Summary: Based on available data, we can conclude that the project is just starting its marketing campaign and levels of interest are still low. The team is conducting an advertising campaign via Twitter and Facebook, is communicating with users via Telegram, uploading videos to YouTube, maintains a blog on Medium, attends various events, etc. Over the past month, the number of visits has increased by 1000.
The developers may be contacted via the links below:
The information contained in the document is for informational purposes only. The views expressed in this document are solely personal stance of the ICOrating Team, based on data from open access and information that developers provided to the team through Skype, email or other means of communication.
Our goal is to increase the transparency and reliability of the young ICO market and to minimize the risk of fraud.
We appreciate feedback with constructive comments, suggestions and ideas on how to make the analysis more comprehensive and informative.