The Divi Project Basic Review
|Start ICO||25 Oct 2017|
|End ICO||21 Nov 2017|
Ticker symbol: DIVI (DIVX before the platform launch)
Project type: FinTech/Cryptocurrency
Extended company description: Divi is a type of cryptocurrency that has all the functions of a debit card and yields passive income to its holders.
Company: Futureblock LLC
Public ICO launch: 27.10.2017
Public ICO end date: 23.11.2017
Crowdsale duration (weeks): 3,9
Token type: ERC-20
Token supply: 60-80 million
Tokens available for purchase (Pre-Sale + Public ICO): 48-64 million
The purpose of attracting investments:
1 FUEL price: 0.002 ETH
Accepted payments: ETH
Bounty: Not announced.
Token role: Functional
Team (number of people): 9
Advisors and partners (number of people): 4
Twitter: Subscribers: 3831
Telegram: Subscribers: 652
Medium: Posting: 9, Subscribers: 311
Reddit: Subscribers: 49
Linkedin: Subscribers: 22
Facebook: Subscribers: 13429
Youtube: Posting: 18, Subscribers: 326
The Divi project is a decentralized, community-managed project. The platform enables all parties to participate in its management process: Viewing news, submitting quotes, voting on quotes, and viewing their current status.
Divi is a type of cryptocurrency that has all the functions of a debit card and yields passive income to its holders.
Divi will provide the follo\wing services:
- Training in Divi.
- Storing funds, banking.
- The ability to automatically distribute funds between partners and taxes among sellers.
- Displaying on the screen the extended information on the recipient of funds.
- A network of online shops.
- Communication between users.
- Debit card.
- The opportunity to offer goods and services to users.
Unfortunately the project has not listed its partners on the site or in the white paper. However, a representative of the project states that the project is currently negotiating with possible partners (Telegram).
Tim Sanders — Partner at Deeper Media Inc. (about 4 years) published book author (15 years), head of the Yahoo decisionmaking department (2 years);
Heidi Krupp — CEO for Krupp Kommunications (21.5 year) Associate producer/publicist for ABC News (about 4 years);
Toni Lane Casserly — Blockchain department member at the Singularity University (about a year), co-founder at CoinTelegraph (3 years), advisor to Propy Inc. (4 months), public speaker for TLC (3.5 years);
Ramez Naam Group — author of The Infinite Resource: The Power of Ideas on a Finite Planet, co-chairman of the Singularity University (6 years)
Investments attracted: N/A
The project has experienced professionals behind it. The project is attracting the interest of the blockchain community due to its chosen market.
Strengths of the project:
- A multi-level masternode system that enhances platform usability.
- A strong team of advisors and specialists.
- The market niche chosen by the project is attractive to the blockchain community.
- There are platform modules published in an open repository on GitHub.
Weaknesses of the project:
- There is no clear positioning of the project, which can lead to unfocused efforts on the part of the team.
- The official documentation does not include project partners (however, when communicating via Telegram a project representative told us that discussions with various companies are underway).
Market and industry
According to a World Payments report, transaction volume is US$426.3 billion.
Currently the volume for daily transactions using cryptocurrencies exceeds 2 billion dollars (Juniper Research). Capitalization of the cryptocurrency market is US$207,983,342,536 on 14.11.2017 according to data from CryptoCurrency Marketing Capitalizations.
According to an Infoholic Research LLP report, the Cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology market will grow by 35.2% in the next five years. In addition, the team is positioning itself in the market: P2P payments, service delivery and e-commerce.
There is no market analysis in the white paper.
Comment: The team claims to be a participant in more than one market. This dispersal and lack of focus raises doubts about the possibility of achieving all objectives set.
In the course of our study, we identified the following competitors in the area of debit card issuance:
TenX — a platform that converts cryptocurrency to fiat and issues a debit card.
Monaco — debit card issuance and currency conversion option. In the field of trading masternodes:
Dash — an open, decentralized payment system using a mechanism called "Darksend" to make transactions anonymous. In the field of P2P relationships:
Credits is a decentralized financial system for direct interaction between participants using P2P principles. 
Resume: Divi has many competitors because of the variety of functions it offers. The variety of business models can have a detrimental impact on the company.
Engineering features of the platform
- The platform is built on the basis of blockchain which stores personal metadata in addition to transactions; this allows use of an e-mail or a personal name for transactions instead of strings of random characters.
- Smart wallet:
- Binding the wallet public key to a unique name of your choice, which other users can use to transfer funds or interact.
- A custom wallet can be configured to send messages to an e-mail address.
- Implementation of the Oraclet system for accessing an owner's data such as photo, name, etc.
- "Pockets" (multiple addresses/support of identification) - creation and storage of funds in public and anonymous wallets.
- The wallet will be integrated into the user's exchange accounts using appropriate APIs for easy exchange of DIVI with Bitcoin, ETH, etc.
- Possibility of using multisig — a wallet or a pocket will have two passwords/access keys.
- A masternode system; - Mobile "CLINK" transfers — use of an accelerometer and a watch on two mobile phones to facilitate the transmission of DIVI between two wallets by synchronizing them.
- Wordpress and Joomla plugins used to facilitate the acceptance of DIVI as payment. Smart plugins will be able to change prices in DIVI according to fiat-currency rates, including United States dollars at a seller's determination.
Divi technology allows people to make private, instantaneous transactions with unique user names. This platform is designed to facilitate the learning process for novice users of online wallets and cryptocurrency in performing transactions, currency storage, etc.
Comment: One of the features of the platform is a multi-level masternode system that stimulates the storage of tokens.
In the future, with the development of the technology and data capacity, it is planned to implement the following:
- 4th quarter of 2017 — development of a smart wallet UX design, start of work on the development of the Divi blockchain, adding the possibility of entering names to the system, MOCCI - Masternode One Click Cloud Install, and lottery blocks.
- 1st Quarter of 2018 — Divi blockchain testing, design and testing of smart wallet, testing of the Masternode system, implementation of advanced management system.
- 2nd Quarter of 2018 — Launch of blockchain and Genesis Block.
- 3d Quarter 2018 — Adding debit cards to the system, introduction of additional wallet functions and plug-ins for vendors.
- 4th quarter of 2018 - Adding new features and updating the wallet, adding new plugins for vendors.
- 1st quarter of 2019 — Adding new features and updating the wallet, adding new plug-ins for vendors.
Comment: The roadmap presents a step-by-step development of the product. A description of the added functionality is available in the white paper.
The following 9 modules are presented in the open repository:
1. smart contracts
8. website-translations masking
Comment: Activity in the open repository is moderate. This includes the Divi Core integration system and the project Smart contract code.
Resume: The Divi Project is based on a decentralized ecosystem based on Proof of Stake (POS) and the Masternode/cryptocurrency protocol. You can see the developed modules in the open repository.
We checked the site and documentation of the DiviProject for sufficiency and consistency in order to make an investment decision.
The documentation includes the white paper, which is available in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian. The submitted documents describe the DiviProject in sufficient detail, but the development and market entry strategy has not been fully disclosed.
The website provides information about the project, staging of the public ICO, the advisors and the team. The site is available in English, Russian, Spanish and Portuguese. An additional benefit of the site is the availability of an easily accessible link to registration for the token sale.
Resume: The documentation provides insight into the project. However, a large number of project functions and definitions make it difficult to perceive the basic idea of the Divi project.
Public ICO launch: October 27, 2017
Tokens to be released, % 80%
Token type: ERC-20
Accepted as payment: ETH
1 DIVI cost (DIVX before the platform launch) 0.002 USD
Crowdsale period: 3 weeks, until November 23, 2017
DIVX tokens are released for further conversion into DIVI platform tokens at the 1:1 rate when the native blockchain DIVI is launched.
DIVI tokens may be used for the following purposes:
1. Earning more tokens using a masternode: Diviproject will provide programs and resources to enable users to earn new tokens. Masternode software, which a user may install on their computer to save, update and protect the Divi blockchain.
2. Earning tokens by using an active wallet: By storing tokens in the Divi wallet, a user will earn every week. The more DIVI remain in the wallet, the higher the earnings. The wallet also supports the Divi network through quick deals.
3. Spending tokens at the DIVI store: The Divi project will create a network of its own online markets and shops that accept DIVI. Here you will be able to spend DIVI tokens on real items, such as T-shirts or baseball caps, or services. First, DIVI tokens are created as a currency.
Token issue limit: 60-80 million
Advantages for token holders: Tokens allow you to use platform services, shop in a network of merchants that accept DIVI and to earn by keeping tokens in your wallet or using Masternode.
Maximum planning amount of profit: 100 000 ETH
Funds raised: 5306 ETH
Tokens are sold in several stages:
Comment: The DIVI token is not a security token for several reasons:
- After the launch token holders, not the founders, will control the fate of DIVI through the master nodes and management system.
- Token holders do not need a token price increase in order to earn a profit, because there are several streams for revenue in the ecosystem (masternodes, supplied wallets, DNS name registration fees, listing fees.)
- In addition to trading on exchanges, the project's commercial platform will allow DIVI holders to use their coins to purchase services and goods.
Link to bounty program N/A
Scheme of interest distribution by program N/A
Tokens and capital distribution
Tokens and capital distribute according to the following scheme:
Resume: Tokens do not affect the distribution of shares in the company. The reward system is set up so that it is more advantageous to buy tokens earlier.
- 1st Quarter of 2018 — start of the Ambassador program, work with media and people of influence, start of trade.
- 2nd Quarter of 2018 — production of educational videos, increased coverage in the media, start of video demonstrations with lead authors/celebrities, placement of trade announcements.
- 3Rd Quarter of 2018 — extensive outreach activities for media/influential persons, exhibitions for internet traders.
Resume: The white paper provides a set of marketing tools through which Divi plans to attract users. The focus is on the European and US markets. In addition, the team claims to have trade partners.
The team consists of 9 people, as well as 4 advisors. Information on the principal participants of the team (LinkedIn):
Geoff McCabe - CEO and Founding Partner. Experienced entrepreneur in real estate, commerce, tourism, etc. Founder and/or CEO of Virtual Reality Times, CRJ Website Network, Rancho Delicioso Eco Village, Anamaya Yoga Retreat Center, Tropisphere. All projects have been in operation for a long time; Geoff has previously founded and owned several other companies: Anthology Inc. (a network of kiosks in New England), Seventh Sense Inc. (Jewellery and gifts - with own factory in China).
Phil Eggen — Senior Programmer and Founder. An experienced developer. At present, MEAN/IOS Developer/Designer for Mandeville and Ocean & H.
Michael Greenwood - CXO. Creative Consultant for UX Design, Art direction, Interaction design. Formerly a creative director at Xevo Inc., a user manager at Posh Technologies Inc., a senior UX developer for Microsoft.
There are six other people in the team as well.
Comment: The entire core team indicates its affiliation with the project.
Resume: Key employees are engaged in other projects; Etherparty commenced development in 2015. According to Linkedin, only Lisa Chen has indicated herself as an employee of the Etherparty project. Kevin Hobbs considers the project part of the Vanbex Group. Brian Onn points out that he is an independent consultant engineer.
Information about the project is available on Twitter, Facebook, Medium, Reddit, Youtube. There is no bounty program.
The project is active on social media. News is regularly updated on Twitter, Facebook and Medium. The format of the articles on the project suggests that they are primarily written to order.
Comment: Interest in the project is increasing. The main marketing campaign is deployed on Twitter. YouTube videos are posted.
Analysis of site traffic based on Similarweb.com’s data showed:
Comment: 39.13% traffic via direct link, 36.36% clickthrough traffic, 10.68% search traffic, 12.37% through social media. Traffic through search: 11,42% 54.98%-"organic" traffic, 45.02% ad clicks.
Referral links: 26.57% (Top 5 sites:) icoalert.com - 29,41%, bitcointalk.org - 17,62%, tokenmarket.net - 16,71%, icocountdown.com - 15,00%, medium.com - 6,83%)
Comment: The popularity of the site is growing rapidly (67,810 people in the last month), as is number of subscribers on social media, which clearly indicates user interest in the project. Top 5 countries for site visitors: Brazil - 24.85%, US - 11.13%, UK - 4.07%, Bulgaria - 3.8%, Poland - 3.7%
Resume: Based on analysis of marketing activity of the project, we can conclude that Etherparty is attracting muchf interest from the blockchain industry, in the absence of an active advertising company.
The developers may be contacted using the links below.
1. Website: https://diviproject.org
2. White Paper:http://https://diviproject.org/assets/files/wp-en.pdf
4. Crowdsale Terms and conditions: https://diviproject.org/assets/files/Divi-Project-TermsUpdated.pdf
6. Similarweb: https://www.similarweb.com/website/diviproject.org
The information contained in the document is for informational purposes only. The views expressed in this document are solely personal stance of the ICOrating Team, based on data from open access and information that developers provided to the team through Skype, email or other means of communication.
Our goal is to increase the transparency and reliability of the young ICO market and to minimize the risk of fraud.
We appreciate feedback with constructive comments, suggestions and ideas on how to make the analysis more comprehensive and informative.