CryoGen Basic Review
|Start ICO||01 Feb 2018|
|End ICO||01 Jul 2018|
Ticker symbol: CRYO
Project Type: Health
Extended company description: Cryogen is a project built by the KrioRus company, specializing in preservation and research in the field of cryonics.
Company: LLC "KrioRus"
Public ICO Start: The exact dates of the ICO will be determined based on the results of pre-ICO stage fundraising taking place in February–April 2018 [Whitepaper]
Public ICO End: n/a
Token Sales Duration (weeks): n/a
Token type: ERC20
Total number of tokens issued: Token issuance will equate to the amount of tokens actually raised at the pre-ICO and ICO stages of the Cryogen project. [Whitepaper]
Tokens available (Pre-Sale + Public ICO): 100,000,000
- Construction and equipment of cryocentres and the international scaling of CryoGen: 30%
- Technology development: 25%
- Marketing, PR/GR: 20%
- Project management (including legal and administrative expenses): 15%
- Strategic partners: 5%
- Reserve Fund: 5%
ICO Price: 1 CRYO: 1 USD
Pre-ICO Price: 1CRYO: 0.75 USD
Accepted Payments: BTC, ETH
Token role: Functional
Team (number of people): 10 (core team) and 200 more employees
Advisors and partners (number of persons): 5
GitHub: Use of the technology from the personal account provided by the Order of Magnitude company.
Twitter: Posts: 69, followers: 2719
Telegram: subscribers: 1155
Medium: Posts: 9, Subscribers: 6 [Medium]
VK: subscribers: 2024
Facebook: subscribers: 2369
CryoGen is a project authored by KrioRus, specializing in cryo preservation and research in the field of cryonics. The KrioRus company was founded in 2006 in the Russian Federation.
The project's mission is to offer people the opportunity to prolong their lives with the help of advanced technologies. At present, very few scientific resources or research funding is focused on the study of cryonics.
The aim of the CryoGen project is to attract the attention of the global scientific community in cryonics, and to stimulate fundamental research on the creation of a completely safe defrosting technology.
The results obtained could be used to significantly improve life expectancy for people worldwide.
CryoGen provides the following services:
- DNA preservation
- Cryopreservation of animals
- Neural cryopreservation
- Cryopreservation of the whole body
- Standby mode at the patient's bedside.
In the future:
- Sending cryopatients to space
- Provision of a cryobank for transplants
C-Yoon Kyung Sul (Researchgate) — Professor-researcher at Konkuk University.
Ilya Svirin (Facebook) — former chief technical officer at Open Longevity.
Zamir Akimov (Facebook) — CEO of the NeuroDAO cryptofund, vice president of digital asset development at RAKIB.
Alberto Sarmentero (Facebook) — President of GIBiomed, president of GIB Technologies.
Andrey Voronkov (n/a) — Founder of the SONM project and a member of the chemistry faculty at MSU named after M. V. Lomonosov.
Project partners: n/a
Attracted investments: n/a
The project is based on the KrioRus company, which has more than 10 years of experience in the field of cryonics. The project is attracting the interest of both the blockchain community and cryonics enthusiasts.
Strengths of the project:
- An affiliate network and client base.
- The project has been operating since 2006 and currently has more than 50 cryopatients.
- It involves specialists in cryonics and researchers from leading universities in Russia.
- The project has a large team (more than 200 people) and clear plans for development.
- According to analytical companies, global interest cryonics is currently growing.
Weaknesses of the project:
- It is entering a very specific market, which may limit its development.
- The project is raising funding for the investigation of technology for defrosting organs, which could lead to a scientific breakthrough, or to unconfirmed hypotheses.
Market and industry
According to Technavio, the market for cryogenic systems will grow by 13% per year, in the period 2017-2021 [https://www.technavio.com/report/global-lab-equipment-global-cryopreservation-systems-market-2017-2021]
According to the team's analysis of April 2017, the ICO market is growing by more than 100% each month, and in July, 30 or more ICOs were launched. The total market capitalization of cryptocurrency increased almost 6 times in 4 months from $20 billion to $116 billion, with peak growth in June.
As the team predicts, by the end of 2018 total market capitalization will grow to $1 trillion, and by that time the ICO market could grow to more than $5 billion.
Regarding the cryonics market, according to the Russian Analytical Center "Levada-center" more than 18% of respondents "want to live forever".
Comments: The market is growing quickly. The industry has high costs, therefore there are only a small number of players in the market. This makes it possible to gain a foothold in the world market.
In the course of our review, we have identified the following competitors:
Southern Cryonics - An Australian organization engaged in cryopreservation.
Alcor - A non-profit organization that deals with cryonics.
Cryonics UK - A non-profit organization that provides necessary help to those who want their body to be cryopreserved after death.
Summary: Cryogen is the only company in Europe that produces Dewars for patient storage. In this way, the company is able to fully cover the Eurasian market.
Engineering features of the platform
Cryogen produces Dewars of large volume for the preservation of patients' bodies. The whole process for the storage of cryopatients, cryonic animals and DNA is already established.
The project team has already mastered cryonics technologies and is applying them in practice.
With Cryotokens, users can gain access to the cryo market and a 10% discount (if payment for services is made in project tokens).
Comments: According to data from the project team, there are currently 56 cryopatients and 22 preserved animals in cryostorage.
In the future, as technology progresses, it is planned to implement the following activities:
2018: Testing different nanoparticles in order to determine the most cost-effective option with all of the required properties, reproduction of a basic experiment on the reversible freezing of a fragment of a pig’s heart using a nanoparticle perfusion.
2019: Extensive R&D on the reversible cryopreservation of animal organs under nanoparticle perfusion, plus other related experiments.
2020: Commercial euthanasia technology for “mercy freezing” will be refined and applied. Start of an active phase of aging research at the Tver anti-ageing center. Reliable and safe reversible cryopreservation of the first organ of a large animal such as a pig will be achieved.
2021: With the technology for the reliable and safe reversible cryopreservation of most organs of various large animals achieved, experiments will begin on human organs from cadavers.
2022: The technology for the reversible cryopreservation of the first human organ will be perfected.
Comments: The project team will conduct research on reversible freezing/unfreezing of human organs.
Comments: The team does not have an account on GitHub due to the specifics of their activity. A smart contract was not submitted by the project.
We have analyzed the CRYOGEN site and documentation for sufficiency and consistency to make an investment decision.
Information about the project is contained in the white paper, available in English and Russian. The project is described in sufficient detail. The main emphasis is on the description of cryonics and the ICO.
The website also provides information on the project, the staging of the public ICO, news, the advisors and the team. The site is available in English, French, Russian, Japanese, Spanish and Hindi.
Summary: The documentation provides insight into the project. Prospects for the project and its services are described in sufficient detail.
Tokens to be issued for sale, % - n/a
Public ICO start date: Exact dates for the ICO will be given based on the results of the pre-ICO stage fundraising in February–April 2018 [WhitePaper]
Token type: ERC20
Accepted Payments: BTC, ETH
Price of 1 CRYO: 1 USD
The Cryo token (cryotoken) is a combined token that can be used to:
- Pay for some cryonic options, positions on the digitization of brain/body archives of a cryopatient, and for goods on the cryo market with a 10% discount.
- To take part in the Neo-DAO created for the needs of the project, for example for voting on issues; depending on the number of available tokens and the cumulative sum of all tokens belonging to investors having a right of management.
- Receive (if you confirm that you are not a US citizen) part of the profit from the project. At least 20% of annual profits will be allocated for this purpose. [WhitePaper]
Limiting the issuance of tokens: Token issue will be to the amount of tokens actually raised at the pre-ICO and ICO stages of the Cryogen project.
Advantages for token holders: The tokens are limited in number and functional in nature, allowing one to pay for CryoGen services and goods, receive dividends, and confer voting rights in the management of the Neo DAO.
Dividends: CryoGen will allocate at least 20% of annual profit to dividend payments.
Additional token issue: No
The sale of tokens is being carried out with the following bonuses in several stages:
Max Goal: $100,000,000
Minimum Goal: ~$700,000
Comments: The CRYO token is planned to be placed on major exchanges.
At the end of the ICO (or earlier), CRYO tokens will be issued by CryoGen, which will operate under the jurisdiction of Switzerland or under another ICO friendly jurisdiction. [WhitePaper]
Token and capital distribution
Tokens and capital are distributed according to the following scheme: n/a
Summary: The project has not provided information about the distribution of tokens. Tokens do not affect the distribution of shares in the company. The reward system is set up so that it is more advantageous to buy tokens earlier.
- Launch of the organization, CryoGen.
- Carrying out a large-scale PR campaign in Russia and Eurasia towards the build-up to the opening of a large cryonics center in Russia offering the highest quality cryonics.
- Organization of partnership relations with Swiss euthanasia-providing firms.
- The inception of a large PR company in Europe and Asia to attract customers to the Swiss cryogenic storage facility, with the promotion of two major conferences for cryonics supporters in Europe.
- Obtaining of patents and registration of the results of research on the reversible freezing of fabrics and small samples in Europe and in Russia.
- The beginning of extensive experiments on the reversible cryopreservation of organs of animals with the use of nanoparticles, and other concomitant research.
- A marketing campaign to promote cryonics for increasing the number of signed contracts for cryonics.
- Expansion of the Dewar manufacturing facility to increase production, and sales to emerging cryonics companies in Asia, South America and Africa.
- Launch of the European Cryonics Research Centre in Switzerland.
- The working out and the universal application of technology for work with euthanasia providers, hospices and medical clinics.
- The technology of commercial euthanasia known as "merciful freezing" will be improved and implemented, increasing sales of cryo contracts.
- Active phase of research into ageing by the anti-aging center in Tver, expansion of activity, publication of the results of experiments and scientific work.
- Cryocentres in Tver and Switzerland working at full capacity.
- The technology for the reliable and safe reversible cryopreservation of some organs from large animals is achieved.
- The technology for the reversible cryopreservation of the first human organ is obtained.
Summary: The roadmap presents a step-by-step strategy for the development of the project. It is planned to conduct an active marketing campaign and a large scale expansion. To date, more than 400 contracts for the future of cryopreservation of people and animals have been concluded.
Also note that as the project progresses, it is planned to connect new companies to the partner network, and therefore it will be possible to pay for various services with Cryo tokens outside Cryogen as well. For example, full or partial digitizing of the genome for partner companies, specific research, procurement of equipment, refrigerants, etc. for CryoGen’s units. [WhitePaper]
The team consists of 10 people (core team) and another 200 employees and 5 advisors. Information on the core members of the team (LinkedIn) is as follows:
Yuri Pichugin (Facebook) — Director of science and technology. Formerly: Employee of KrioRus, Yuri has worked for a long time in various countries and universities studying cryonics.
Valery Udalova (Linkedin) - CEO and founder. Director General of KrioRus;
Igor Artukhov (Facebook) - Director of Science and Engineering. Works at the Institute of Biology of Aging, formerly an employee of Longevity Ventures and KrioRus.
There are 7 other people in the management team.
Summary: Most of the team did not state their affiliation to the Cryogen project.
The team is mainly from Russia and includes more than 200 employees. The team also possesses the following experts: A surgeon-perfusionist, a financial consultant, a marketer and blockchain-analyst, a chemist, a chief designer, a technical expert for the project and a leading marketeer.
Information about the project is available on a variety of popular services such as Twitter, Telegram, Medium, Bitcointalk, VK and Facebook. The project has no bounty program.
News on Twitter, Facebook, and VK is regularly updated. The team is active on social media and the project is gaining popularity among users. The format of articles about the project suggests that they were primarily written to order.
Comments: Interest in the project is gradually increasing. The marketing campaign is mainly developed on Twitter and VK.
Analysis of the CRYOGEN website traffic based on the Similarweb.com data showed the following:
Traffic sources: [Similarweb]
Comments: direct: 41.72%, referrals: 32.67%, search: 10.47%, social: 8.69%, mail: 6.45%
Search traffic: 10.47%, of which 100% is "organic" traffic
Referral Links: 32.67%
Analysis of the CRYOGEN website traffic based on BE1.ru data showed the following:
Traffic sources: [https://be1.ru/stat/cryogen.me]
Comments: Direct: 41.72%, referrals: 32.67%, search: 10.47%, social: 8.69%, mail: 6.45
Top 5 countries of site visitors: Russia-28.68%, Germany-17.64%, Turkey-10.40%, Italy-8.06%, Ukraine-5.12%.
Referral Links: kriorus.ru - 47.24%, coinschedule.com - 21.98%, oracletimes.com - 10.71%, cryptospace.com - 7.26%.
Social activity: VKontakte - 66.23%, Facebook - 19.17%, Youtube - 5.75%, Instagram - 4.36%, Twitter - 3.91%
Analysis of CRYOGEN website traffic based on analysis data showed the following:
Traffic sources: [https://a.pr-cy.ru/cryogen.me]
Site evaluation: 0.65
Traffic: visitors: 5397, views: 21,600
Social activity: score: 1725, source: VKontakte: 6, Facebook repost: 1719, Google+: 0
Summary: Project data shows that there are users interested in the project. The team is conducting an advertising campaign on Twitter and Facebook, and communicating with users via Telegram. There are publications available in the media. However, during the last month attendance on the site has decreased by 15,000. Regarding analysis of the kriorus.ru site, traffic on the site equated to 40,506 people in the last month (a decrease in site traffic by 160,000) [https://be1.ru/stat/kriorus.ru]
You can contact the developers through the following links:
The information contained in the document is for informational purposes only. The views expressed in this document are solely personal stance of the ICOrating Team, based on data from open access and information that developers provided to the team through Skype, email or other means of communication.
Our goal is to increase the transparency and reliability of the young ICO market and to minimize the risk of fraud.
We appreciate feedback with constructive comments, suggestions and ideas on how to make the analysis more comprehensive and informative.