Ambrosus Basic Review
|Start ICO||17 Sep 2017|
|End ICO||20 Oct 2017|
About The Project
Ticket symbol: AMB
Project Type: Shipments, safety and quality control system
Extended Company Description: Ambrosus is a platform that integrates high-technology sensors, blockchain protocols and smart contracts (Supply Chain 2.0)
Company: Ambrosus Technologies GmbH
Public ICO Start date: 22.09.2017
Public ICO Completion: 22.10.2017
Token Sale Duration (weeks): 4.3
Token Type: ERC-20
Total emission: N/A
Tokens available (Pre-Sale + public ICO): 328,103,000
- 35%: R&D protocol and Ecosystem
- 25%: R&D sensor system
- -25%: Expansion, partnerships and integration
- 10%: Food Quality Research Laboratory
- 5%: Legal expenses
- 2%: Administrative expenses
Price of 1 AMB: from 0.001 ETH
Accepted Payment: ETH
Bounty: Started July 19, 2017
Token role: Functional
Number of personnel in team: 9
Number of advisors and parthners: 10
Twitter: Posts: 576, Subscribers: 3901
Medium: Subscribers: 528
Reddit: Subscribers: 294
LinkedIn: Subscribers: 287
Facebook: Subscribers: 2820
YouTube: Posts: 3, Subscribers: 195
Ambrosus is a blockchain-based supply chain platform designed to validate origins, quality and compliance with standards and transportation regulations for each product tracked by the system.
According to the project representatives, Ambrosus’ scope of business involves improving supply chains for essential products, food and drugs in particular.
Parity is a technology partner, specializing in blockchain. Parity was founded by Dr. Gavin Wood, co-founder of Ethereum, founder of Solidity and Polkadot (solutions for the interaction of blockchain systems).
According to Ambrosus representatives, cooperation with universities is also planned for development of sensor systems to assess product delivery quality.
Oliver Bussmann - Strategy advisor. President of the Crypto Valley Association and founder of Bussmann Advisory.
Malcolm J W Povey - Science advisor. A food physics professor who has proven to be a leading expert and innovator in the development of food analysis sensors.
David Drake - strategy advisor, listed as Board Advisor on LinkedIn. Advisor to the successful ICO Project, Latoken; managing partner of Ldj LP Fund Investments.
Fabiola Dionisi - Science advisor (quality control). Head of the Global Research and Development Program at Nestlé. He has a master's degree in Food Sciences and Medicine from University of Surrey and a Ph.D. in Biotechnology (University of Milan).
Sandro Carrara - Science advisor (biosensors). Senior research fellow at the Integrated Systems Laboratory at the ETH, Zurich. He specializes in biosensors and DNA analysis. A member of the governing Board of the IEEE Circuits and System Society, formerly a professor at the University of Bologna. Plus five other notable figures: Tom Lyons, David Wachsman, Dhanesh Kothari, Jaron Lukasiewicz and Jehan Chu.
Attracted investments: n/a
Based on the results of conducted research, the implementation of this project will require considerable time to introduce the required technology into targeted industries.
However, there are risks associated with difficulties with market entry (especially into the pharmaceutical market). These risks are described in detail in the relevant sections.
The project has experienced professionals behind it. The CEO of the project often gives interviews where he talks about the project itself, the nuances of the ICO, and the experience of their team. This naturally attracts interest in the project from the blockchain community.
Pros of the project:
- Experienced founders
- The project is generally favorably received by the blockchain industry
- An extensive marketing campaign
- Wide-ranging scientific backgrounds amongst the founders.
Cons of the project:
- Scope of the project
Market and Industry
- TechNavio predicts that the world market for refrigerated shipping, according to all standards, will grow on average by 7% per year during the forecast period (CAGR);
- According to projections made by Yahoo Finance, the refrigerated shipping market will reach 3.25 billion tons by the year 2022, reaching CAGR by 2.49% from 2017 to 2022.
There is no market analysis in the white paper. Links to the market analysis are not active.
Comments: The company has a market entry strategy. There are plenty of partners in the press associated with innovation, which indicates that the project will receive wide publicity. However, market analysis has shown that growth of the market is small, which indicates its maturity.
- Provenance - a platform for tracking products in the supply chain with extracted data stored in the blockchain and accessible to end-users
- Modum - a blockchain with an upcoming token sale, which is capable of monitoring the temperature and condition of the product at the time of its production and distribution
- Stratis - product tracking through smart contracts
Resume: Despite the fact that all the above companies focus on logistics and product tracking, only Ambrosus tells the story of the product in more detail by virtue of its sensor technologies. Most competitors use bar codes, chips, and tags.
In this sense Ambrosus has an advantage over competitors.
Engineering features of the platform
Digital smart indicators on the product will be connected to the Ambrosus network. As the product moves through the supply chain and passes different stages and sensors, the Amber tokens will follow it, constantly recording actions and their results in the blockchain. This will create a sort of an audit trail for regulatory authorities or government bodies, and they will be able to verify compliance with standards, as all necessary information for this will already be available in real time.
In the future, with the development of technology and amount of data it is planned to implement the following:
- October 2017 - supply chain management protocol, alpha-version release, release of proof-of-concept for sensor systems, border and central gateways
- November 2017 - release of alpha version of the decentralized market for food quality. Completion of the data center and API development. Selection and testing of encryption methods
- December 2017 - release of alpha version of the decentralized trade platform
- January 2018 - launch of a specialized laboratory for hardware development, development of a research platform for supply chain management
- February 2018 - launch of alpha version of the decentralized solution for storing supply chain sensors. Gateway development and testing. Assessment of the data center and analytical modules
- March 2018 - launch of the public beta-platform for testing the product. Release of the full API set. Launch of a tool kit for developers. Development of modules for API interaction with SAP and GS1. First generation food production
- April 2018 - launch of software for working with Ambrosus;
- May 2018 - launch of platform for creation of agreements with logistics companies;
- June 2018 - release of sensors for Ambrosus. Launch of a directory of IoT sensors and other devices for interacting with Ambrosus;
- Summer 2018 - proof-of-concept and biosensor prototypes release
- Autumn 2018 - launch of a fully functional network with integration of resources and wallets. Working with Bitcoin, Ripple and Hyperledger. Release of second generation tags and tracers. Integration of AI into the sensors
- Winter 2018 - launch of a working group on principles and standards for blockchain-based product supply chains. Launch of support services for food producers
- Spring 2019 - launch of intelligent sensor systems with several blockchains. Launch of nanosensors and biosensors; smart package
- Summer 2019 - Ambrosus Protocol 2.0 release
- Autumn 2019 - release of second generation sensors, which are fully integrated into the smart package. Testing using Ambrosus Protocol 2.0
- Winter 2019 - release of the platform for the cryptocurrency exchange
- Spring 2020 - production of a fully automated decentralized blockchain delivery solution with sensor systems and AI.
Comments: The company presents a step-by-step strategy for developing the technical part of the platform. However, the project looks rather ambitious (considering the need for development of the sensor systems) and, therefore, expensive. There is a risk of underinvestment.
The following active blocks are presented in the open repository:
- Ambrosus - repository contains the intellectual property contracts that make up the Ambrosus protocol
- Food-market-UI - based on the Ambrosus protocol;
- contribution - deposits
There is no activity in the 3 remaining repositories.
Comments: Ambrosus, food market UI, contribution have experienced steady activity during the last few days, other repositories are not currently active.
We checked the site and documentation of Ambrosius for sufficiency and consistency in order to facilitate investment decisions.
The documentation includes the white paper, crowdsale terms and conditions and a vision paper. All the presented documents are in English. The submitted documents describe Ambrosus in sufficient detail.
The website provides the following information: About the project, the team and the partners, token distribution, information on conduction of the public ICO. Additionally there are various documents published on the site: Cases and articles about technologies and business opportunities used by the project. The site is available in Arabic, Chinese, English, Japanese, Russian and Spanish.
Resume: The documentation provides insight into the project. It is best to direct questions to the project team through: https://discordapp.com/invite/jbmWg8c
Public ICO Start:September 22, 2017
Tokens issued: 40%
Token type: ERC-20
Accepted payment: ETH
1 AMB price: from 0.001 ETH
Crowdsale duration: 4 weeks, until October 22, 2017
AMB is a functional token that allows users to participate in the Ambrosus ecosystem and is:
- used to track the product throughout the supply chain;
- used to access network services, interact with sensor systems, and to make trade agreements guaranteed by smart contracts.
Token limitation: n/a
Advantages for token holders: Tokens are functional, which allows usage of the platform services
Max Goal: 328,103 ETH
Current total investment: ~ 97,100 ETH
Comments: Unsold tokens will be destroyed. The total number of tokens will depend on the number of tokens sold.
Program Distribution Scheme %
The program is active on the following media:
Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Reddit)
Resume: The project has an extensive bounty program. All the terms of the program are specified under the link.
Token and capital distribution
Tokens and capital are distributed according to the following scheme:
Token and capital distribution scheme
- 40%: Available for purchase;
- 25%: for partnership development;
- 16.9%: partners and early investors;
- 16.8%: Team members and project advisors;
- 1.3%: security assessment and bounty.
Resume: Tokens are sold as functional and do not affect the distribution of shares in the company.
According to the roadmap:
- December 2017 - initiation of 5 research programs;
- January 2018 - opening of the Product Analysis Center in Lausanne, integration with corporate, academic subjects (EPFL, EHL, IMD). Launch of large-scale pilot projects with food industry partners
- Summer 2018 - laboratory accreditation and sounding systems evaluation;
- Autumn 2018 - opening of operational centers in the United States and Asia;
- Winter 2018 - launching an advertising campaign for the Farmers' Foundation. First test at the Center of Excellence;
- Summer-Autumn 2020 - expansion of the platform, integration of various industries (food, natural resources, medical products).
Summary: Ambrosus has a well-balanced market entry strategy. However the team did not reply to questions concerning partnership agreements.
The team consists of 9 people, as well as 10 advisors. Information on the principal participants of the team (LinkedIn):
- Angel Versetti - CEO and co-founder. Crypto investor for the Versetti and Co. Foundation. Has experience of working for the United Nations, the World Resources Forum, Bloomberg, and Google (internship). Mr. Versetti has proven skills in diplomacy, negotiations and business development skills.
- Stefan Meyer, Ph.D. - Technical director and co-founder. Has more than 20 years of research experience in food analysis, ultrasonic sensors and data encryption techniques. Member of the Swiss Federal Office of Agriculture. Founder of two R&D projects that were successfully sold to Maersk Group and Perrot GmbH. He was the founder and managing director of the Food and Nutrition Integration Center at the ETH Zurich. Holds a doctorate in food sciences.
- Prof. Jean-Paul Sandoz - is the chief engineer. He is a recognized specialist in analog-to-digital converter technology for ultrasound sensors. He has more than 40 years worth of experience with sensors and microelectronics. He worked as professor of electronics and signal processing at the University of Applied Sciences in western Switzerland for 33 years (https://www.he-arc.ch/);
- Marek Kirejczyk - is the chief blockchain developer. The founder and administrator of the ethereum.rb library, Ethereum Meetup Poland co-organizer, founder of Agilewarsaw. Previously, he was vice president of the Daftcode engineering practice, the chief technical officer in El Passion, co-founder of Aenima and a C++ developer for Gadugadu.
Resume: 11 people (including an advisor) specify their affiliation with the project on LinkedIn. The project has a core team of highly qualified specialists where each team member is a professional. The team also has a blockchain developer, a frontend developer, a community manager, a science advisor (product tracking), and several project managers.
Information about the project is available on Twitter, Telegram, Medium, Facebook, Bitcointalk, Reddit, Discord and Youtube. The team is actively communicating with users via social networks and the forum. The bounty program is open.
The project is covered on social media; there are regular news updates on Twitter and Facebook. The form of the articles about the project shows that they are mostly written especially for the project. However, the team actively communicates with users at Bitcointalk, Reddit, Discord. Videos about the inner workings of Ambrosus are published on Youtube.
Comments: The project is fairly popular among users. There are many subscribers on Twitter (3,861), on Facebook (1,963). Users demonstrate their interest in the project on Bitcointalk and Reddit. A large project support campaign has also been launched on specialized sites.
Analysis of the site traffic based on Similarweb.com data showed that:
Comments: 41.2% of traffic goes via direct link, 39.76% is clickthrough, 9.3% is search traffic, 8.13% of traffic goes via social media; Visitors: Top 5 countries: China-15.09%, USA-14.87%, Japan-6.27%, Germany-4.58%, Argentina-4.04%.
Search traffic: According to SimilarWeb, 9.3% of the search traffic is 100% "organic". That is, there are no ads on search engines.
Referral Links: 39.76 % (top 5 sites from which visitors are coming:) Tokenmarket.net-84.57%, ico-list.com-2.45%, coinschedule.com-2.07%, black-swan-finances.slack.com-1.85%, icotracker.net-1.19%).
Comments: The popularity of the site is growing rapidly (124,000 visitors in the last month), as is the number of subscribers on social media, which indicates the interest in the project.
Resume: Based on available project data, it can be concluded that users have a fairly high interest in Ambrosus. The team is leading an active marketing campaign on social media (Twitter, Facebook), they post videos on YouTube and actively interact with users on BitcoinTalk, Discord and Reddit.
You can contact the developers through:
- Website: Https://tge.ambrosus.com
- White paper: Https://ambrosus.com/assets/Ambrosus-White-Paper-V8-1.pdf
- Crowdsale Terms and conditions: Https://ambrosus.com/assets/tos.pdf
- About Bounty: Https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pgv54bcUFs9PasgI3EqpQCop SPrYiVRK6ZEXi9H7y0E/edit
The information contained in the document is for informational purposes only. The views expressed in this document are solely personal stance of the ICOrating Team, based on data from open access and information that developers provided to the team through Skype, email or other means of communication.
Our goal is to increase the transparency and reliability of the young ICO market and to minimize the risk of fraud.
We appreciate feedback with constructive comments, suggestions and ideas on how to make the analysis more comprehensive and informative.