1World Basic Review
|Start ICO||19 Jul 2017|
|End ICO||15 Nov 2017|
Ticker symbol: 1WO
Project Type: Advertisement/Online Engagement and Monetization platform
Extended Description of the Company: 1World is a platform that allows publishers and brands to collect information about their users through interactive tools including surveys, quizzes, debates, analytics and maps, as well as providing built-in ads, business data collection, and the most up-to-date analytics.
Company: 1World Online Inc.
Public ICO Start: 05.10.2017
Public ICO End: 06.11.2017
Token Sale Duration (weeks): 4.6
Token Type: ERC-20
Total Number of Tokens: 160,000,000
Tokens Available on Sale (Pre-Sale + public ICO): 50,000,000
Purpose of Attracting Investments:
- 30% - Core US Team: Business / Marketing / Customer Success
- 25% - RandD and Technical support
- 20% - Global Expansion
- 10% - Legal, IP and other services
- 10% - Reserve / Miscellaneous
- 5% - PR / Events / Promotions
Price of 1 1WO: From US$1 to US$1.2
Accepted Payments: BTC, LTC, DASH, ETC, ETH, XMR, ZEC, USD
Bounty: The start of the program is October 20, 2017.
Token Role: Functional
Team (Number of Persons): 28
Advisors and Partners (Number of Persons): 31
GitHub: Used for core product code
Twitter: Posts: 6239 Followers: 1800
Telegram: Subscribers: 250
LinkedIn: Subscribers: 483
Facebook: Subscribers: 20413
YouTube: Posts: 32, Subscribers: 33
1World is a platform that allows publishers and brands to collect information about their users through interactive tools including surveys, quizzes, debates, analytics and maps, as well as providing built-in ads, business data collection, and the most up-to-date analytics.The company was founded in 2011 in the Silicon Valley.
1world will provide the following services:
- Conduction of interviews, quizzes, voting, discussions, creation of interactive maps, etc.
- Production of publications with and without an advertising component
- Analytical reports (for companies);
- Vasily Suvorov (https://www.linkedin.com/in/vsuvorov/) is a technological strategist. VP for Luxoft, Vice President of the Crypto Valley Association, CEO at Meshnetics.
As well as Alison Davis, Takatoshi Nakamura, Ayako Miyaguchi, Alex Yastremski.
United States Business Consultants:
- Peter Saulinier (https://www.linkedin.com/in/psaulnier/) is the managing partner at GCH Partners, and a managing partner at Hardy Capital LLC.
As well as Phil Yin, Dr. Augie Grant, Dmitry Kustov, Sean Koh, Ali Raheem, Marios Anapliotis, Tina Ghataore, Lilia Shirman, David Drake;
Partners in the Silicon Valley:
- Kira Makagon (https://www.linkedin.com/in/kiramakagon/) is a member of the Calix Council, is chief specialist on innovation at RingCentral, Founder and CEO at Red Aril River, Co-Founder and CEO at NebuAd.
As well as Matthew Le Merle, Ted Sanford, Michael Minkevich.
As well as Dan Reich, Greg Osberg, Jon Bond.
Partners worldwide include:
- Diana David (https://www.linkedin.com/in/dianadavid/), an independent non-executive director at DaVinci Labs Hong Kong LTD, member of the Board of Governors of the American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong, Regional Director at Financial Times (approx. 12 years).
As well as David Schlesinger, George Hara, Namho Chung.
- John Ricci (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jfricci/), co-founder of Pitch Global, founder and president of US Angels (approx. 13 years), founder and managing partner at Crimson Growth Partners LLP.
As well as Nathan McDonald, Piyush Puri, James Zhao.
- Google, AOL, Sekindo, Matomy, McCann, Mircosoft, Walmart, Greenwave, APT, San Jose, Bestrong, AIRC,mirantis - activity partners for advertising.
- CINT, Amazon AWS - partner in data analysis (profiling and paid participation in polls for users)
- IBM Watson - analytics partner; data analysis is used to provide more accurate recommendations on advertising and content.
According to Crunchbase.com, from 2013 onwards, US$8.9 million has been raised over 5 rounds; lead investor in the 5th round (US$4.9 million) was Brand Capital.
We believe that it would be appropriate for the project to issue tokens without staging an ICO and to spend the team's efforts on scaling sales.
Project 1 World is based on the expertise of some specialized professionals.
Strengths of the project:
- The project has specialist partners and advisors.
- The project has a history of business activity.
- The project has raised investments and technological partnerships.
Weaknesses of the project:
- The project is a working business, and participation in the crowdsale is not necessary.
Market and Industry
According to Statista data, the cost of Digital Advertising will be US$335.48 billion by 2020. The increase will be 18% per annum. Juniper Research estimates the cost of digital advertising to be at about 285 billion dollars by 2020.
The white paper indicates that according to DENTSU Aegis, global advertising costs will reach US$ 563.4 billion in 2017 (3.8% growth in short-term forecast)
Comments: There is virtually no market analysis in the white paper, but the field chosen is quite attractive.
It is worth noting that the company claims it has 12 million users, and this traffic goes through widgets, deployed on other sites; while statistics for Alexa or similar only covers traffic going through 1WorldOnline.com’s own domain.
In the course of the study, we identified the following competitors:
- Brave (https://www.brave.com/) is a digital advertising platform based on blockchain, where users are also paid for their participation.
- Qchain (https://qchain.co/innovations) is a digital advertising platform based on blockchain using smart contracts.
As the development team asserts, the main difference of the project from ConclusionBrave is the absence of a specialized browser for services. And the qchain does not offer rewards to users for participation. The remaining competitors do not work with blockchain and have less functionality.
Engineering features of the platform
The platform is built on Blockchain using smart contracts (Insights pages, which include interactive maps and other analytical tools.) A 1world wallet will be created for each user.
- Readers earn tokens for participating in surveys, voting, etc.
- Publishers gain an increase in their audience.
- Advertisers receive discounts and access to consumer analysis tools.
Comments: Advanced partners in the data analysis field can provide complete reports on an advertising campaign.
In the future, as technology and data are developed, it is planned to implement the following:
- 4th Quarter of 2017- adding a user profile page to integrate the wallet and redemption.
- 1st Quarter of 2018 - adding analytics in widgets for users and administrators, as well as the possibility to manage an ad campaign and services, adding special topics (sports, technology, etc.)
- 2nd Quarter of 2018 - the ability to create interactive content, integrating data sources and scoring functions.
- 3rd Quarter of 2018 - Introduction of an interactive media module (IMU), 1World Button (offering the opportunity to participate in quizzes and to be rewarded with tokens.)
- 4th Quarter of 2018 - adding research tools: managing panels, Mini-Surveys in 1World widgets; Integration with the online research market.
- First half of 2019 - Blockchain 2.0, with integration and high scalability.
- Second half of 2019 - A.I. driven content generation and the creation of links to articles, integration into the traffic generation market.
- First half of 2020 - global syndication network.
- Second half of 2020 - A.I. driven recommendation engine.
Comments: The team presented a strategy to improve the platform, but there is no description in the white paper of most of the functions to be introduced. The platform is already functioning without blockchain technology and, according to the developers, has been quite successful.
The project does not have an open repository, but 1World does use GitHub for source control for years.
We have analyzed the site and documentation of 1World for sufficiency and consistency for making an investment decision.
The documentation includes the white paper and presentation. The white paper is available in English only. 1World is described in sufficient detail in the submitted documents; however, the strategy for project development and market entry has not been disclosed.
The website also provides information on the project, the public ICO, the team, partners and answers to the most frequently asked questions. The site is available in English, French, Russian, Spanish and Korean.
Conclusion: The documentation gives an insight into the project. However, we believe that the project team does not sufficiently reveal the
reasons for conducting a crowdsale through an ICO, especially after the previous round of investments (almost US$5 million) at the end of
Public ICO Start: 05 October 2017
Token Type: ERC-20
Accepted Payments: BTC, LTC, DASH, ETC, ETH, XMR, ZEC, USD
1WO token is the utility token and acts as the platform currency; it can be used to purchase platform services and to reward users.
The tokens can be spent as follows:
- Micropayments to disable advertising.
- Purchasing of advertising space and/or organization of mini-surveys.
- Reselling on the secondary market.
Limit for issuance of tokens: 160,000,000
Advantages of token holders: Limited number of tokens, tokens are functional, which allows using platform services.
Hard cap: US$50,000,000
Soft cap: US$5,000,000
Tokens are sold in several stages:
Comments: The project team plans to place its tokens on the exchanges. Tokens are purchased through the 1World wallet, and a purchase link is posted on the site along with a detailed instruction. The tokens will be issued on November 16, 2017.
Link to the Bounty https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2294703.0
Program Distribution Scheme %%
The project reserved 50,000 1WO for the bounty program. The program is open in the following areas:
- Bitcointalk signatures and avatar
- Media (reviews, articles, videos, podcasts)
- Translation of documentation, etc.
Conclusion The project does not have a massive bounty program. All the program conditions are listed under the link.
Token and Capital Distribution
Tokens and capital are distributed according to the following scheme:
Conclusion: Tokens do not affect the distribution of shares in the company. The reward system is set up so that it is more advantageous to buy tokens earlier.
Project development plans
According to the project, about 2,000 publishers are already using the 1World platform. Among them:
Conclusion: The white paper and website do not have a description of the marketing campaign or market entry strategy. The project is probably planning to use the connections and partners of its currently operating platform.
The team consists of 28 people and 31 advisors.
Information about the main members of the team based on LinkedIn:
Alex Fedosseev (https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexfe15/) - President since 2011 CEO and Founder. Mentor at Google LaunchPad Accelerator. An experienced entrepreneur. Previously, the product director in such companies as 2Wire, 4Home, 3Com, Motorola Mobility. Has extensive experience in the management of engineering teams, testing and quality engineering experience.
Brad Kayton (https://www.linkedin.com/in/bradkayton/) - Board Member since 2011 Secretary; GM Data and IP. A serial entrepreneur.
Matt Ganeles (https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-ganeles- 0ab960b9/) - Project Manager for the Blockchain Ecosystem.
Valentina Volotskaya (https://www.linkedin.com/in/valentina-volotskaya- 0a051869/) Executive Director.
Dmitriy Volotskoy (https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitriy-volotskoy- 7437137/) - Architect and Eng. Lead.
On Linkedin 38 people indicate their affiliation with the project (including advisors).
Conclusion:The team is mainly from the USA, and the technical team is from Ukraine and Russia. The project has a large team that includes development specialists, engineers, designers, community managers, marketing specialists, finance specialists, logistics specialists, and company representatives in India, Brazil, South Korea, Russia, and Japan.
Information about the project is available on Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, Google +, Youtube, Bitcointalk, and WhatsApp and Kakaotalk. The team communicates with users on social media. There is a bounty program.
The project leads an active campaign on social media. The team answers users' questions on Telegram and WhatsApp. News is updated on Twitter. Videos are published on YouTube, where the team talks about new features of the platform. The format of the articles on the project shows that they are primarily written to order.
Comments: Despite an active advertising campaign, interest in the project is still not high enough.
Analysis of website traffic based on Similarweb.com data showed the following:
Comments: 39.13% direct link traffic, 36.36% via links, 10.68% through searches, 12.37% through social media.
Search Traffic: 10.68% of which 78.06% is "organic" traffic, 21.94% ad-clicks.
Referral Links: 36.36% (Top 5 sites:) welcome.1worldonline.com – 44.14%, economictimes.indiatimes.com – 38.44%, prnewswire.com – 5.47%, tokensale.1worldonline.com – 3.92%, frontend.1worldonline.com – 3.49%)
Comments: There is no data on the sites traffic on SimilarWeb. For Alexa.com, the sites traffic is 17,586 persons; per month, their number of views is 70,350. Top countries by traffic: United States, Russia, India, United Kingdom, Sweden.
Conclusion: Based on available data on the project, it can be concluded that interest in 1World from users is still not high enough. However the team is leading an advertising campaign on social media (Twitter), communicating with users in Telegram and WhatsApp, and posting videos on Youtube. There are plenty of well-known partners who can positively influence the companys image.
You can contact the developers through:
1. Website: https://ico.1worldonline.com
3. Presentation Deck: http://reports.1worldonline.com.s3.amazonaws.com/docs/1WO_short_pres entation.pdf
5. About Bounty: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2294703.0
6. SimilarWeb: https://www.similarweb.com/website/ico.1worldon